gdb069

Regular
You're a Regular You're Celebrated
Nov 2, 2021
VetteCoins
Here is how I ended up C8 and finally some photos:
My 2005 SLK350 is getting a bit dated as far as technology so I went shopping for a new one. There isn't one! MB stopped making them and the closest I could find starts at $173,00 . Ouch! So I did the usual internet searches for sports cars but ruled out Corvette. I had a C4 for 20 years and along the way tried a few and did not like them.
So off we went to the Automall and saw Mustang, Z4, Lexus LC, Mazda Miata, and decided to give up. At home again we tried a few configurators and either too expensive or not really a sports car. For fun she decided to do a C8 build and seemed happy with it so next day we took our build and went to a Chev dealer only to be told about the wait list: 18 months . Went to a larger Chev dealer and the wait list got longer. Went to the largest Chev dealership and were told they were not accepting any more orders, their wait list was 78 and they expected 15 cars. We gave up. MySLK350 was looking better every minute.

A few weeks go by, and while grocery shopping I notice Porsche dealership in the mall. Guess what? They have a 12 month wait list too and some models you cannot even buy! So I happened to mention Corvette has an 18 month wait list and sales guy says "We have one." So while he goes to print the build sheet, my GF says don't buy it if its not what we specced and brings out the build she she did. Its a perfect match! Same colour, same options, Missing one thing she specced the transparent roof but otherwise a perfect match.

Concluding that the one car we saw, was the one car we specced is more than a random coincidence, we decided to avoid the wait list and pay the premium. The car went directly from dealer to PPF installer and then home where I decided to wash the street slop off the car. Unfortunately my phone fell in the soap bucket so no photos.

OK so got a new phone, new car, some photos and I bet I have the only C8 with Porsche license plate holder !!!
Plus just in time to put it away for 4 months !

Thanks for viewing.

PS On my extended drive to Whistler mountain today I reached 804km and what a difference that makes. 20211116_110228.jpg20211116_121858.jpg

20211116_110319.jpg

Last edited:
Here is how I ended up C8 and finally some photos:
My 2005 SLK350 is getting a bit dated as far as technology so I went shopping for a new one. There isn't one! MB stopped making them and the closest I could find starts at $173,00 . Ouch! So I did the usual internet searches for sports cars but ruled out Corvette. I had a C4 for 20 years and along the way tried a few and did not like them.
So off we went to the Automall and saw Mustang, Z4, Lexus LC, Mazda Miata, and decided to give up. At home again we tried a few configurators and either too expensive or not really a sports car. For fun she decided to do a C8 build and seemed happy with it so next day we took our build and went to a Chev dealer only to be told about the wait list: 18 months . Went to a larger Chev dealer and the wait list got longer. Went to the largest Chev dealership and were told they were not accepting any more orders, their wait list was 78 and they expected 15 cars. We gave up. MySLK350 was looking better every minute.

A few weeks go by, and while grocery shopping I notice Porsche dealership in the mall. Guess what? They have a 12 month wait list too and some models you cannot even buy! So I happened to mention Corvette has an 18 month wait list and sales guy says "We have one." So while he goes to print the build sheet, my GF says don't buy it if its not what we specced and brings out the build she she did. Its a perfect match! Same colour, same options, Missing one thing she specced the transparent roof but otherwise a perfect match.

Concluding that the one car we saw, was the one car we specced is more than a random coincidence, we decided to avoid the wait list and pay the premium. The car went directly from dealer to PPF installer and then home where I decided to wash the street slop off the car. Unfortunately my phone fell in the soap bucket so no photos.

OK so got a new phone, new car, some photos and I bet I have the only C8 with Porsche license plate holder !!!
Plus just in time to put it away for 4 months !

Thanks for viewing.

PS On my extended drive to Whistler mountain today I reached 804km and what a difference that makes. View attachment 89605View attachment 89606

View attachment 89611
Congratulations and nice colour!!!

The Gods were with you . not only did you find the build you wanted, you went for a car that will definitely put that smile on your face , a exhilarating flutter in heart , a means to just GET OUT THERE . As you bought before the new tax ,a thicker wallet . Don’t know the year or the mileage , but keep the pleasure going, Go to a GM dealer and buy a extended warranty. you’re going to love the No stress feeling.
Question. Now that yo have driven it . Do you think you made the right choice over the other brands !!!!! having driven the others myself other then a Murc Gullwing . I think i know the answer.

Reactions: gdb069
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.