Jul 3, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
BMW 135i
Province
ON
Just enjoying the fourth session of a lapping day when the engine lost all most all power, very loud knocking. Speculation at the track is that something metalic came loose in the oil system. Flatbedded back to the Vancouver dealer who will open it up in the next day or two, hopefully. It's a 2021 with 11,000 kms, properly track prepped, including to litres of extra trans fluid. Expecting warranty but the dealer said GM may want to rebuild. No way I'd accept that without a battle. Any thoughts?

Just enjoying the fourth session of a lapping day when the engine lost all most all power, very loud knocking. Speculation at the track is that something metalic came loose in the oil system. Flatbedded back to the Vancouver dealer who will open it up in the next day or two, hopefully. It's a 2021 with 11,000 kms, properly track prepped, including to litres of extra trans fluid. Expecting warranty but the dealer said GM may want to rebuild. No way I'd accept that without a battle. Any thoughts?
Warranty departments are basically the same as insurance companies. So there’s that. On the other hand you would think an engine replacement would be most likely depending on the damage because you would think GM would want to tear the engine down to see what caused the failure. I would think it would cost them no more to drop in a new engine as opposed to pull , rebuild and replace.

Reactions: Movie Muscle
I wish you luck. At 11,000 km you should be entitled to a new engine in my humble opinion. Especially considering that GM touts spirited driving as well as track driving . Given of course warranty requirements re , oil , fuel, and maintenance as well as proper track prep . GM don’t want bad “ social media “ press .

Reactions: Movie Muscle

Been there, several times. Rebuilds are not so bad so don't die on that hill.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread