Hi guys. After much consideration and tossing and turning in bed trying to sleep, I finally said “Screw it”, and went and bought it today. I pick it up Monday. The description of these cars putting a smile on the drivers face was indeed accurate. They let me take it for a few hours, and I fell even more in love! I shall post some pictures after I pick it up next week.
Thank you all for chiming it.
Dale.

Good Man - I got my 2011 at 65.....Should have done it sooner

Reactions: ddgermann
Hi guys. After much consideration and tossing and turning in bed trying to sleep, I finally said “Screw it”, and went and bought it today. I pick it up Monday. The description of these cars putting a smile on the drivers face was indeed accurate. They let me take it for a few hours, and I fell even more in love! I shall post some pictures after I pick it up next week.
Thank you all for chiming it.
Dale.
Hi Dale:
I bought a 17/C7/Z51 in May.
It was the third Vet over the last 45 years. None of the others put a smile on my face like it has.
The buyer remorse will fade very quickly as it did with me thinking very much as you do. It's a lot of money but you've earned it and won't regret it for a minute.
ENJOY !!!!

Play hardball ... these cars are not flying off the lot.
There is no way the previous owner got near that amount in trade.
$52,500 all in (max) and let them sweat out having it there into September
(your choice to add/include the warranty)

If no good, have the Manager present you with the bottom dollar and walk out.
See if they let you leave ...

If they do let you leave, call the manager next week and see if he can do better.
I know not everyone can do this ... but it's your $$$ ... and doing it politely/respectfully goes a long way too.

Ooops just realized Unfortunately the deposit has you showing them one of your cards.
Have the deposit returned. Then ask for the bottom dollar amount.

... if you have done the purchase already ... this will all be behind you once you are driving.

It's a lot of work but you will never regret it. I took 6 weeks to buy my first one.
My Wife took 3 months for hers. Yup ... we had patience ... love the Corvettes no differently
than anyone else.
Actually Spence, they just offered me 65k for mine on trade. Z51 convertible. I still said no.

I was reading the posts with interest and was going to provide comment but then I read your post where you said, "screw it, I went and bought it". (ha ha)

I too hummed and hawed about my purchase late last year. I also was at a stage in life where affordability was not an issue. I think most on this forum would agree that buying a Corvette is a selfish purchase as 99% of Corvette owners aren't using their car as a daily driver and they're weekend thrill rides only!

I wanted a Corvette for literally 50 years having sat in a gold 69 C-3 in a dealer's showroom as a teenager. Once I got the okay to purchase from my wife, I ordered it the next day, Thursday, October 04th (2018), suffered buyers remorse for a week and having received my car late April I have absolutely no regrets.

The biggest problem you're going to have is waving to all the thumbs up you're going to get from passing motorists.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Dale, some Corvette and financial philosophy to calm your 'after the purchase' case of nerves. It was more difficult to sleep after I pulled the trigger than before. Worried for days if I was irresponsible because it had a bit of an impact on our finances in retirement. That was a year ago and there is no regret and our finances are not a problem. The mind will play on it because you want to be guilty :). Most of us will never have 'enough' money to not worry about anything. That's for lottery winners and multi-millionaires. Even a million at today's living costs is not an Alfred E. Neuman 'what, me worry' situation.

Enjoy your Corvette, it is an amazing car that will give you joy every time you drive it. Drive it, wash it, detail it, look at it and just love it! Read the manual and pay close attention to 2 things; the drive mode settings for wet road conditions and the electric parking brake. Weather mode applies a lot of control to the eLSD among other things and will give you more confidence driving in the rain. Check posts by flyboy99 - he drives his Z06 all winter! Get into the habit of setting the electric parking brake as part of the shutdown routine.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 7
Dale, some Corvette and financial philosophy to calm your 'after the purchase' case of nerves. It was more difficult to sleep after I pulled the trigger than before. Worried for days if I was irresponsible because it had a bit of an impact on our finances in retirement. That was a year ago and there is no regret and our finances are not a problem. The mind will play on it because you want to be guilty :). Most of us will never have 'enough' money to not worry about anything. That's for lottery winners and multi-millionaires. Even a million at today's living costs is not an Alfred E. Neuman 'what, me worry' situation.

Enjoy your Corvette, it is an amazing car that will give you joy every time you drive it. Drive it, wash it, detail it, look at it and just love it! Read the manual and pay close attention to 2 things; the drive mode settings for wet road conditions and the electric parking brake. Weather mode applies a lot of control to the eLSD among other things and will give you more confidence driving in the rain. Check posts by flyboy99 - he drives his Z06 all winter! Get into the habit of setting the electric parking brake as part of the shutdown routine.

Thanks for those reassuring words, Brain, that actually makes me feel a lot better.
I am quite excited about this whole ordeal, but still think “what the hell did I just do?”.
I think you are right about the mind thing. I will try to focus on the positive side of this, since this had been a long time coming.
Whenever I would see a Vette on the street, especially the C7’s, I fixate on it, staring at it as long as I can. I would always point them out to my wife when we are driving together. I would even come home after work and share a short story about a gorgeous Vette I had seen that day. I’m sure she must think I’m obsessed. (When I told her yesterday that I had actually pulled the trigger, she said “finally!”) so to actually have one sitting at home, ready to be stared at whenever I like, I am ecstatic.
Dale

I just bought a c6 a few months ago. It's my first corvette and I love it. It was affordable and makes me smile everyday. The c7 is a nice car but it's not nice enough to put you under financial stress. My opinion is buy a good used c6 and smile everyday...enjoy the car..and relax when you have a 30 k buffer in the bank.

I bought my 2015 used in 2016, I paid $70k for it. I drove it for two months and then got laid off from a job I had for almost 20 years. My financial manager and I sat down and in the end he said, "Keep the car, it's your dream car, you can always sell it later if money gets tight". I never regretted buying it. It was a great low maintenance car (except for the oil changes, geez!). My other two vehicles were way more expensive to maintain (2012 Dodge Journey and an old Ford-made Jaguar X-Type that we inherited).

In the end I ended up trading the car in for a new SUV this year. It held it's value enough that I had decent equity in it. The main issue was that my other two vehicles were pieces of crap with no value.

I miss the car for sure, but it's not a huge deal. So in the end, you can always sell the car after you enjoy it for a while. Now I'm looking at the new C8 and getting that urge again. The only issue is that the wife says it's her turn for a new car...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.