Featured Thread
May 30, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
1970,1971 corvette
Province
AB
I have a white numbers matching 1970 vette. Intact is telling me it is a ZR1 and the suffix code says CTV which is for. ZR1!
I also have a numbers matching Big Block 1971 vette and is fully optioned except the passenger dude mirror. It even has the rear defogger . It is green!
13F0F6DD-40F0-4694-AFCC-B3973D2460FD.jpeg
75329BFD-314F-4E74-A4EF-63DC3F4897E0.jpeg

This might be the show and shine you were at last year 😁👍🏻 @Oly1vet

Wow! Those are two of the most beautiful and rarest C3's I have ever seen! You have a couple of very, very fine cars, and if you really are for real, I need to meet you and see both of these fine and rare machines.

If that truly is a ZR1, it is one of only seventeen made in that year. It will have manual windows, no air conditioning, no radio, and a four-speed manual transmission. Those are the obvious cues.

The 71 with a 454 could potentially be a ZR2, but even if it isn't it is nevertheless the last of the most powerful big blocks ever produced in a Corvette.

I'm sorry, but I can't help but to suggest that there may be a bit of a flame on the cuff of your jeans, and I'm going to have to see this in order to believe it.

Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Production of the ZR1 was limited to 1970-1972, the same three year time span of the LT1 engine. During that three year run, only 53 cars were ordered with RPO ZR1: 25 in 1970, 8 in 1971 and 20 in 1972. The ZR1’s of the 1970’s are the rarest small block Corvette ever produced.

Identification features of the 1970-72 Corvette ZR1 include:

• LT-1 engine, suffix CTV-1970, CGY-1971, or CKY-1972,
  • J-56 heavy duty brake package with dual pin front brake calipers (power),
  • F-41 heavy duty suspension package, 7 leaf rear spring, heavy duty shock absorbers, heavy duty 5/8 front sway bar and heavy duty rear spindle struts,
  • M-22 (rockcrusher) transmission,
  • large aluminum radiator with expansion tank (no other LT-1 equipped car has an expansion tank),
  • steel fan shroud, other than 1972’s (most),
  • radio delete (no fenders drilled for antenna). The ZR-1 package could not be ordered with any creature comforts, ie: air conditioning, power windows, power steering, radio, alarm system, rear window defroster, or special trim items like P02 wheel covers.
As an investment, the C3 Corvette ZR-1 is poised for growth, especially those from the first year (1970) where horsepower was at its highest mark. For the cost of a 1967 L71 Big Block, you can own a performance Corvette with a production limited to just 25!

• Informative
Reactions: LE BARON and YFCvii
Wow! Those are two of the most beautiful and rarest C3's I have ever seen! You have a couple of very, very fine cars, and if you really are for real, I need to meet you and see both of these fine and rare machines.

If that truly is a ZR1, it is one of only seventeen made in that year. It will have manual windows, no air conditioning, no radio, and a four-speed manual transmission. Those are the obvious cues.

The 71 with a 454 could potentially be a ZR2, but even if it isn't it is nevertheless the last of the most powerful big blocks ever produced in a Corvette.

I'm sorry, but I can't help but to suggest that there may be a bit of a flame on the cuff of your jeans, and I'm going to have to see this in order to believe it.

Welcome to the forum!
Hi and sure you can see them when ever you want. I will have the white at the dealership this weekend!

This might be the show and shine you were at last year 😁👍🏻 @Oly1vet

Yes it was

Yes nice meeting you also Spence. So the show is at the dealership again?
Hi and sure you can see them when ever you want. I will have the white at the dealership this weekend!

Hello,
The Show will be next weekend June 8th and I believe it will be at the Dealership ...
Please mark your calendar for next weekend June 8th.

@Jeremiad (Capital Chevrolet on Macleod Trail in South Calgary - June 8th)
Very likely ... you vote ... will be for the ZR1 or Both to be there :thumbs:

Freda & I intend to go with His & Hers

Reactions: Jeremiad
Hello,
The Show will be next weekend June 8th and I believe it will be at the Dealership ...
Please mark your calendar for next weekend June 8th.

@Jeremiad (Capital Chevrolet on Macleod Trail in South Calgary - June 8th)
Very likely ... you vote ... will be for the ZR1 or Both to be there :thumbs:

Freda & I intend to go with His & Hers
The white one and would bring both but cannot drive 2 at the same time!!!

Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.