Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
My 1967 Corvette History by John Painter (@jcpstrat)
March 1, 2020 is the first time this car was licensed for the road since the late ‘70’s.
word-image.jpeg

The resurrection of it started in 2014 when I pulled it into the garage.
word-image-1.jpeg

I bought this Vette in Milwaukee Wisconsin in 1971 from a car dealership when I was single and 25 years old. It had the original engine and transmission which were the main items I was interested in. I traded in a 1966 GTO for it. The Vette was listed at $2,850 and I got $1,000 for trading in my GTO. The Vette was my only car and became my daily driver. In 1972 I met a girl who I would marry in 1973. The following pic was taken while traveling on our honeymoon in Williamsburg, Virginia.
word-image-2.jpeg

Continue reading...

Wow, that's a great read, fantastic background. It's only a car, but that kind of history really makes it part a big of your life and family now, and impossible to part with. Good thing you listened to your wife all those years ago!

Reactions: Jcpstrat
Thanks everyone ... I'm sure everyone has stories to tell. Nik was the one who asked if there was a story behind it and if it wasn't for Nik I probably would have never put something like this together. :)

Speaking for all of us, We're extremely glad for the prod by Nik and to you John for taking the time to put together a great read. Enjoy that gorgeous car. You have earned it. :thumbs:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread