Feb 11, 2010
London, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2004 z06
Spotted a nice looking Mustang yesterday... but I can't figure out what it is... guessing it was an 80's or early 90's mustang.

It had "RS" painted on the side.... but it had dual exhaust and some wider rubber than the usual stang... which makes me think the guy put the RS on the side to fool people into thinking they can take him?

The guy wanted to go but I minded my own business.... I hope I see him again so I can check out the setup.

Anyone know what really makes a newer mustang GT/CS any more special than your run of the mill Mustang? Seems from what I can tell that those boys think they got something pretty special bahahahaha
[mob][/mob]

I'm sure you read that they brought back the 5.0 and gave it 112hp over last years engine. Looks like Ford finally got sucked into the horsepower race...which they had to do because it does not look good when everyone else's base V-6 engine is as powerful as your V-8.

gt/cs means gt california style nothing more than a scoop and some extra interior trim

California Special,and yes your are right,just an appearance package! Basically a GT with some ugly striping! When I got my 06 GT @ 36K the GT/CS was a little more. And when you are bashing Ford remember they started the retro craze that GM is playing catch up with right now! :boxing_smiley:

Between the Mustang and the F series truck Ford was able to keep alive without government bailouts! I dont think the CS has any additional emission equip that any other car would have when destine for the state of California.

Yes, very true. I was just making a joke about cars being destined for California having less hp than cars in the other 49 states because of emission laws. Not knocking Ford but that the California Special (to be a real California Special) would have this emissions equipment on it regardless of destination. (I know it`s only a trim package).

I'm sure you read that they brought back the 5.0 and gave it 112hp over last years engine. Looks like Ford finally got sucked into the horsepower race...which they had to do because it does not look good when everyone else's base V-6 engine is as powerful as your V-8.

I had three Mustang 5L cars over the years, nice motor for its time, my 88 was 225hp and close to the 240hp Corvette at that time.
It was a blast to drive in the stripped LX format with no air conditioning etc for lighter weight, got mine at Summit Ford.
Glad to see that they revised the 5L engine and made a few mods to it finally to up the hp levels.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.