I’m put off til spring for mufflers as I can’t decide. AR long tube with the 3” X pipe to axle, cats out has a drone til 105 which wasn’t a headache but not desired. I listened to the Borsa manufactures videos and think Corsa Sport would be better. Damn pricey though and can’t just do mufflers as was previously mentioned by Rruuff Day and Creedance85

I’m put off til spring for mufflers as I can’t decide. AR long tube with the 3” X pipe to axle, cats out has a drone til 105 which wasn’t a headache but not desired. I listened to the Borsa manufactures videos and think Corsa Sport would be better. Damn pricey though and can’t just do mufflers as was previously mentioned by Rruuff Day and Creedance85
Corsa sport recommened

Reactions: 1FNRIDE
I also looking for exhaust system. Hoping to hear Creedance85 Blackhawk system when I go to the coast in early Spring. Find Corsa exhaust pricey compared to Hooker. Have you found a source for exhaust that has good pricing?

I also looking for exhaust system. Hoping to hear Creedance85 Blackhawk system when I go to the coast in early Spring. Find Corsa exhaust pricey compared to Hooker. Have you found a source for exhaust that has good pricing?
[email protected]

The more I look into exhaust and the cost. Creedance way of thinking is bang on and the price point is great. Love the sound. All I want to change is mufflers and over axle pipes. No point in spending a pile of money on something that doesn’t need to be changed. I will definitely buy the black hearts early spring or when our dollar is better

Reactions: Millertime
The more I look into exhaust and the cost. Creedance way of thinking is bang on and the price point is great. Love the sound. All I want to change is mufflers and over axle pipes. No point in spending a pile of money on something that doesn’t need to be changed. I will definitely buy the black hearts early spring or when our dollar is better
It should not be about the money when buying parts for a Corvette but about the quality and satisfaction (that is why Borla and Corsa have such a good reputation even though they may be more expensive)

I was able to get a pair of NPP's from Davenport (used) and they work fine with my long tube header cold air induction, punch and rev over 2k RPM and it is wide open, or not and it is as quite as a sedan. Go for it!

I second NPP....with a Wild to Mild switch you can dial the levels in, loud for me quiet for my wife!

As much as I loved the Corsa on my C6 and highly recommend it, the NPP is a great option as well. It's a great exhaust for controlling the sound to your driving. Tour mode for 'peace on earth' and Sport or Track mode for the bark and bite. IMO

Wayne, I'd be cautious about the Magnaflows. I'm in a similar boat, just got a C6 a couple weeks ago, and am looking to upgrade the exhaust for more sound, so probably a muffler swap or axle back. I've read a number of reviews on Corvetteforum.com about the Magnaflows and they appear to drone in that 1500 rpm highway cruise range. Flowmasters seem to have drone as well, whether you add something like a 60 series muffler or go with an axle back kit.

I test drove a 05 coupe with Corsas and it was great, the dealer didn't know if it was the Sport, but I'm guessing it was because it was about the right amount of sound and no drone. A friend of mine had an 05 with Corsa Extremes, and while it was a little louder than I think I want, it didn't really drone, and was fairly civilized when cruising, and really barked when you stomped it. It LG long tube headers and high flow cats so I never heard it with just the Corsa Extremes stock. He then he did heads, ported LS3 intake, cam, it still didn't drone, and after that he did a short block swap to a 6.8L LS3 which made it sound deeper especially at idle but it still didn't drone. After putting in the 6.8L he ran it both with the cats and with test pipes and the only difference was exhaust smell. :) All things considered I don't think you can go wrong with the Corsa Sport or the Extreme if you want loud even though it is expensive!

I'm also looking at the Billy Boat PRT which is quite promising. I'm guessing you had either the Route 66 or the Bullets? The PRT is specifically designed to not drone with the A6 transmission, so should be at least as good if not better with a manual.
What about Borla #11815 they advertise 0 drone like Corsa Sport and $300 cheaper?

Had Corsa Sport on my C5 and were to quiet ,my buddy had the extremes on his C5 and great sound and no drone. The NPP on my 10/GS is a great exhaust for controlling the sound to your driving but the only problem is the drone at cruising is awful when open. With the top down you don't notice it and my top is down 90% of the time.

Had Corsa Sport on my C5 and were to quiet ,my buddy had the extremes on his C5 and great sound and no drone. The NPP on my 10/GS is a great exhaust for controlling the sound to your driving but the only problem is the drone at cruising is awful when open. With the top down you don't notice it and my top is down 90% of the time.
Thanks

Mitch, I decided against the Billy Boat PRT because while they claim no drone, I found a number of reviews which said they had some drone. The Fusions seemed more promising because of the valves, so could be a good option depending on your budget.

I just installed Hooker Blackhearts last Thursday, and they are still breaking in so am giving them time before I say too much, but you can follow my thread for updates. They have a deep muscle car tone, so if you like that you may like these. They have a nice background burble at cruise, make a nice growl that isn't too barky when you get on it, and make a nice burble on the down rev. There is a resonance around 2000 RPM which is supposed to go away once they break in. They're also louder right now when cold, so not sure if that's normal or will even itself out right now after the break in.
Picked up my Hooker Blackhearts May 6th and installed them Wednesday May 8th. As my son in law and I have a lift in his back garage it made the process much easier as I wanted to do the transfer my self.
The removal of the stock pipe of course was very easy. Before install I loosened the spring hangers and the connection at the headers. Huge word of advice pre fit everything before you start install, as pipe over axle hooker supplied did not fit into stock H pipe and there muffler piece did not fit into their pipe over axle. Had to go to a shop Scenic View Motors as they have a pipe bender expander etc. machine that expanded the pieces I mentioned. Not a good start but at least this was not expensive just time consuming. Back to the garage I found expanding the pipe was exactly what it needed everything went together much better a little tricky getting pipes in a good position so they didn't hit or rub on anything. The band clamps from over axle pipe to muffler/resonator was a bit tricky to get at you need a swivel and long extension a good light and a son in law or buddy to help. We then reinstalled the H pipe to the hooker exhaust, first tighten header clamps then H pipe to over axle pipe, over axle pipe to muffler/resonator, and yes we attached the very well made hooker sign plate between the mufflers which we felt helped keep things aligned. Last we fastened the Muffler isolators (rubber) at the very back of the car tightened
the hanger rods. I felt this job should have been about 2-2 1/2 hours to do with fitment not so good 41/2 hours to complete.
Much louder upon start up, I was thinking uh oh maybe to loud but once the car warmed up it was much quieter. Didn't really drive the car much until I went to the meet and greet in Ponoka last Saturday May 11 which was a great time lots of good people and great cars. On the trip I noticed a slight drone up to about 2000 rpm, at highway cruising speed sound is a nice rumble and still can hear the tunes at a low volume. If you hit the throttle fairly hard it barks pretty hard or not so aggressive is a nice rumble. Have only about 250km on it now I feel maybe there is a break in time maybe 6-700 km time will tell.
The main thing is my bride likes it as she drove it, she says loud when first started but settles down when car warms up. She says it doesn't sound so wimpy now. We will be going on the Rocky Mountain Cruise June 21st long drive will give us a better perspective, so far so good.
P.S. The grandsons love the sound so all must be good.
Will keep you posted

Thinking about a new exhaust, bought my 2007 C6 and it already had Borla Touring installed, I’m looking for something a step louder, but it’s a shame because the my Borla touring set up is in great shape and probably cost to same as any set I change to. Borla tells me I can’t do a muffler swap, is there much of a market for used exhaust systems?

Thinking about a new exhaust, bought my 2007 C6 and it already had Borla Touring installed, I’m looking for something a step louder, but it’s a shame because the my Borla touring set up is in great shape and probably cost to same as any set I change to. Borla tells me I can’t do a muffler swap, is there much of a market for used exhaust systems?
Is there any drone? Can you email me. [email protected]...I am looking

Picked up my Hooker Blackhearts May 6th and installed them Wednesday May 8th. As my son in law and I have a lift in his back garage it made the process much easier as I wanted to do the transfer my self.
The removal of the stock pipe of course was very easy. Before install I loosened the spring hangers and the connection at the headers. Huge word of advice pre fit everything before you start install, as pipe over axle hooker supplied did not fit into stock H pipe and there muffler piece did not fit into their pipe over axle. Had to go to a shop Scenic View Motors as they have a pipe bender expander etc. machine that expanded the pieces I mentioned. Not a good start but at least this was not expensive just time consuming. Back to the garage I found expanding the pipe was exactly what it needed everything went together much better a little tricky getting pipes in a good position so they didn't hit or rub on anything. The band clamps from over axle pipe to muffler/resonator was a bit tricky to get at you need a swivel and long extension a good light and a son in law or buddy to help. We then reinstalled the H pipe to the hooker exhaust, first tighten header clamps then H pipe to over axle pipe, over axle pipe to muffler/resonator, and yes we attached the very well made hooker sign plate between the mufflers which we felt helped keep things aligned. Last we fastened the Muffler isolators (rubber) at the very back of the car tightened
the hanger rods. I felt this job should have been about 2-2 1/2 hours to do with fitment not so good 41/2 hours to complete.
Much louder upon start up, I was thinking uh oh maybe to loud but once the car warmed up it was much quieter. Didn't really drive the car much until I went to the meet and greet in Ponoka last Saturday May 11 which was a great time lots of good people and great cars. On the trip I noticed a slight drone up to about 2000 rpm, at highway cruising speed sound is a nice rumble and still can hear the tunes at a low volume. If you hit the throttle fairly hard it barks pretty hard or not so aggressive is a nice rumble. Have only about 250km on it now I feel maybe there is a break in time maybe 6-700 km time will tell.
The main thing is my bride likes it as she drove it, she says loud when first started but settles down when car warms up. She says it doesn't sound so wimpy now. We will be going on the Rocky Mountain Cruise June 21st long drive will give us a better perspective, so far so good.
P.S. The grandsons love the sound so all must be good.
Will keep you posted
Hey Wayne, glad that the install worked out for you. I had similar trouble fitting the pipes, but I tried pre fitting before installing, and I just carefully expanded the axle pipes with vice grips.

I noticed the same thing with the sound too, louder when cold and then quiets down when warm. I drove the car the day I installed, it was about 11:30pm at night when I finished (I had trouble getting the rear sway bar reattached and torqued properly so took a break), and when I fired it up I was trying to keep and open mind but wondered if it was going to be too loud. After a few hundred KMs of driving it started to break in nicely, and now with a couple thousand it's really breaking in nice. I installed it last Sept. and this spring around Apr. I started to notice that it's not as loud when cold, the 2000-2500 KM resonance is nearly gone, and when warm is has a deep tone but the bark has mellowed, so I don't feel like I'm ruining my neighbour's day.

I think the 2000 RPM drone you're referring to is kind of like the 2000-2500 RPM resonance that I referred to. I find most of that is nearly gone now. To be fair I sound insulated the rear cargo area before installing the exhaust, then sound insulated behind the seats and the doors this spring, so that might help with some of that. You're going to love the Rocky Mountain Cruise and that should help it break in further. On the highway it has a nice rumble but no drone. The down rev pops when off throttle on the flat or down hill are fun, and the revup tone is great. As you rev up, the tone and pitch changes, but it doesn't get much louder which I really like.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.