Jul 5, 2018
Airdrie, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2007 Z51
I have a 2007 C6 Z51 with a supercharger and long tube headers. I want to put on louder mufflers without a drone and only want change mufflers. I put Billy Boats on and the drone was unbearable. I removed and resold these within 2 days.
Minute muffler in Calgary suggested Flo Pro Max M11235 mufflers but would not guarantee no drone.
Does anyone have any suggestions and have successfully changed only mufflers with no DRONE.
Thanks

Many folks on here will recommend the Corsa Sport exhaust. Myself, I have the Corsa Extreme, but I actually think it is too loud. I do get a bit of drone between 100-110km/h in 6th gear which can be avoided by either being in 5th gear at that speed, or speeding up a bit to 115-120km/h.

Several people on this forum have the Corsa Sport and report no drone. It is an excellent exhaust system in that it can be quiet (relatively) when keeping rpms low, but it gets properly loud when you stand on it. Exactly what an exhaust system should be like!

• Useful
Reactions: ddgermann
I have a 2007 C6 Z51 with a supercharger and long tube headers. I want to put on louder mufflers without a drone and only want change mufflers. I put Billy Boats on and the drone was unbearable. I removed and resold these within 2 days.
Minute muffler in Calgary suggested Flo Pro Max M11235 mufflers but would not guarantee no drone.
Does anyone have any suggestions and have successfully changed only mufflers with no DRONE.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum. Corsa Sport all the way. The voice of experience. Throaty promises at an idle and barks like a mad dog when you're on the pedal... no drone is the Corsa claim to fame.... And welcome to the forum. Try the new users section for an intro and also we'd be ecstatic to see some pictures of your ride... :thumbs:

Many folks on here will recommend the Corsa Sport exhaust. Myself, I have the Corsa Extreme, but I actually think it is too loud. I do get a bit of drone between 100-110km/h in 6th gear which can be avoided by either being in 5th gear at that speed, or speeding up a bit to 115-120km/h.

Several people on this forum have the Corsa Sport and report no drone. It is an excellent exhaust system in that it can be quiet (relatively) when keeping rpms low, but it gets properly loud when you stand on it. Exactly what an exhaust system should be like!

I appreciate the feed back from you guys, but I understand you cannot buy just corsa mufflers. I have since talked to
Unlimited Performance they say to use Magnaflo #13235 just mufflers. Anyone out there tried these.
Thanks Wayne

I have MagnaFlow's on my Trans Am and on my Trailblazer SS. They are not as loud or have as much 'bark' under power, but they do sound very good. I chose the MagnaFlow to intentionally keep the sound level down a bit for the sake of my neighbors. How 'loud' do you want to be?

I have MagnaFlow's on my Trans Am and on my Trailblazer SS. They are not as loud or have as much 'bark' under power, but they do sound very good. I chose the MagnaFlow to intentionally keep the sound level down a bit for the sake of my neighbors. How 'loud' do you want to be?
Jeremiad I like your reply. I want louder than stock but not so loud that my wife can't hear me (imagine that mmm). My wife and I are taking a month long journey down the west coast of the US and there over to Phoenix so now you understand my concern with to loud. Typical I want the best of both worlds louder but not to loud. I thank you as I believe the Magnaflows are probably what I want.
Thanks

Jeremiad I like your reply. I want louder than stock but not so loud that my wife can't hear me (imagine that mmm). My wife and I are taking a month long journey down the west coast of the US and there over to Phoenix so now you understand my concern with to loud. Typical I want the best of both worlds louder but not to loud. I thank you as I believe the Magnaflows are probably what I want.
Thanks
Unless you're planning to chat above 5000 rpm, or reving the hell out of it while she is trying to talk in your window, the Corsa Sport is still a good choice. Yes...Axle back is the least you can get to my knowledge so if you're just cutting in mufflers, you'll have to go another route.

I appreciate the feed back from you guys, but I understand you cannot buy just corsa mufflers. I have since talked to
Unlimited Performance they say to use Magnaflo #13235 just mufflers. Anyone out there tried these.
Thanks Wayne
I had Magnaflow on my C5 and terrible drone..had to put resonators...Heard thay Flowmaster are good and no drone

I'm also considering a change with my 2013 c6 conv. I have AR headers and 3" x-pipe coming in and want to check the sound with stock before going further. With the top down I don't want too much.

Wayne, I'd be cautious about the Magnaflows. I'm in a similar boat, just got a C6 a couple weeks ago, and am looking to upgrade the exhaust for more sound, so probably a muffler swap or axle back. I've read a number of reviews on Corvetteforum.com about the Magnaflows and they appear to drone in that 1500 rpm highway cruise range. Flowmasters seem to have drone as well, whether you add something like a 60 series muffler or go with an axle back kit.

I test drove a 05 coupe with Corsas and it was great, the dealer didn't know if it was the Sport, but I'm guessing it was because it was about the right amount of sound and no drone. A friend of mine had an 05 with Corsa Extremes, and while it was a little louder than I think I want, it didn't really drone, and was fairly civilized when cruising, and really barked when you stomped it. It LG long tube headers and high flow cats so I never heard it with just the Corsa Extremes stock. He then he did heads, ported LS3 intake, cam, it still didn't drone, and after that he did a short block swap to a 6.8L LS3 which made it sound deeper especially at idle but it still didn't drone. After putting in the 6.8L he ran it both with the cats and with test pipes and the only difference was exhaust smell. :) All things considered I don't think you can go wrong with the Corsa Sport or the Extreme if you want loud even though it is expensive!

I'm also looking at the Billy Boat PRT which is quite promising. I'm guessing you had either the Route 66 or the Bullets? The PRT is specifically designed to not drone with the A6 transmission, so should be at least as good if not better with a manual.

What mufflers did you guys end up getting? Iam looking at the billyboat prt and fusion gen3's if anyone got these feedback would be appreciated.

Billy Boat Bullets were crazy loud and a drone like you would not believe and they do not really have a muffler. Had them on one day removed and sold immediately. My car is a auto tranny with long tubes which is possibly part of the problem. But that said were crazy loud and drone.

Billy Boat Bullets were crazy loud and a drone like you would not believe and they do not really have a muffler. Had them on one day removed and sold immediately. My car is a auto tranny with long tubes which is possibly part of the problem. But that said were crazy loud and drone.

Sorry I have no decided on an exhaust just yet but seriously thinking of Hooker Blackhearts as they have a resonator.

Reactions: Tim C.
What mufflers did you guys end up getting? Iam looking at the billyboat prt and fusion gen3's if anyone got these feedback would be appreciated.

Mitch, I decided against the Billy Boat PRT because while they claim no drone, I found a number of reviews which said they had some drone. The Fusions seemed more promising because of the valves, so could be a good option depending on your budget.

I just installed Hooker Blackhearts last Thursday, and they are still breaking in so am giving them time before I say too much, but you can follow my thread for updates. They have a deep muscle car tone, so if you like that you may like these. They have a nice background burble at cruise, make a nice growl that isn't too barky when you get on it, and make a nice burble on the down rev. There is a resonance around 2000 RPM which is supposed to go away once they break in. They're also louder right now when cold, so not sure if that's normal or will even itself out right now after the break in.

Reactions: Millertime
I was able to get a pair of NPP's from Davenport (used) and they work fine with my long tube header cold air induction, punch and rev over 2k RPM and it is wide open, or not and it is as quite as a sedan. Go for it!

Mitch, I decided against the Billy Boat PRT because while they claim no drone, I found a number of reviews which said they had some drone. The Fusions seemed more promising because of the valves, so could be a good option depending on your budget.

I just installed Hooker Blackhearts last Thursday, and they are still breaking in so am giving them time before I say too much, but you can follow my thread for updates. They have a deep muscle car tone, so if you like that you may like these. They have a nice background burble at cruise, make a nice growl that isn't too barky when you get on it, and make a nice burble on the down rev. There is a resonance around 2000 RPM which is supposed to go away once they break in. They're also louder right now when cold, so not sure if that's normal or will even itself out right now after the break in.
Definitely want to know how you like the Blackhearts, sooner the better. Add a vid so we can all here it
Thanks in advance!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.