N

navion

I keep reading about several of you meeting at Mud St and am a little jealous. I am wondering if there would be a place in the Toronto area that would allow some of us to participate from out of town. Mud St. for me would be a good 3 hour drive each way which is a litlle bit more of a drive than I would like if this were to become a regular get together. This would also allow for those perhaps in the Perterborough/Lindsay area and Oakville, Mississauga, Hamilton/Caledonia area to join in without a long drive for them too. Might even draw from Barrie, Wasaga, Collingwood and Owen Sound on occasion. Just wondering out loud if anyone else has similar thoughts and would be a participant if a suitable place could be found for all to come for coffee?

We have considered Toronto and area for meetings but have not come up with anything better than Guelph for central location and reasonable drive times for all involved -- Our furthest member (Tony) lives in Welland, and we have members in Port Dover, Simcoe, and surrounding area who may attend.
The GTA area IMHO is a disaster for commuting to and I believe nobody would enjoy that.

We have met with Greg (Case75) from Owen Sound in Guelph and will again soon I expect. How does that suit you Terry?

I really wish we all were a lot closer.

Colin.

Guelph is approx. 2.5 hours for me each way so I wouldn't make it on a regular basis but maybe once in a while.

I always tell folks that I live two hours from civilization. I'm two hours to: Barrie, Brampton, Guelph, Kitchener, Penatang, Newmarket, Goderich. Two hours in the C3 is about my max drive. I am certainly open to suggestions. :D

Guelph is approx. 2.5 hours for me each way so I wouldn't make it on a regular basis but maybe once in a while.

If an occasional meeting at Guelph would suit you Terry I'm sure it would be fine with the Mud street gang here provided they're free, and I'm sure everyone would appreciate your effort since you'd be going a little extra distance.

I wish there was another option but it appears that our hands are tied.

An occasional trip to you up there wouldn't be impossible, tho it will take some planning for at least 2 or us with home needs: Tony and I .... So that could be worked into the schedule.....

The Spring Fling at Wasaga could be a get together that we could meet at tho I'm not sure who can make it or even if I can make yet. It's just not so easy for some of us to break away for any extended period of time.

We're always open to suggestions tho.

Cheers
Colin.

This is a problem we all have given some thought. This country is just too darn big.
The best is just small splinter groups, like the Mudders, the Peterborough guys (PAL) and now I see Steamer is getting a group in BC and the Alberta guys. This is all very good for the corvette community and the forum.
What we need to do if it was al all possible, is set up some kind of mass meet, but I don't know where or how many would be able to make it.
Maybe if someone could recommend a place for even a central Ontario meet and greet. Would be fun.

There's an awful lot of organizing for something of that scale guys. I've been involved with it b4 and frankly I don't relish doing it again. But please be my guest -- It would be fun for sure but not so much for the organizers.

C.

There is the Bayfield Vette Weekend in early July each year. I think it would be great if some of us could meet there. I hope we can get together in Guelph a couple of times again this year; it was fun last year. Pumpkinfest in Port Elgin has the Corvette Corral the weekend before Thanksgiving each year as well. We'll have to keep posting events in our area to remind each other and hopefully some of us can attend.

Guys, we'd be hard pressed not to do this at the Coping event this year at Manny's. Heck, even I drove all the way from B.C. just to be there and I'm coming down again this year. The event is already organized so that not a problem, all we have to do is for all of us to show up. If we talk nicely to Manny he may even let us stay later so we can visit more and not have to leave. I'm sure there must be some place close for food and some light refreshments. Okay, what do you think???
Rob

Guys, we'd be hard pressed not to do this at the Coping event this year at Manny's. Heck, even I drove all the way from B.C. just to be there and I'm coming down again this year. The event is already organized so that not a problem, all we have to do is for all of us to show up. If we talk nicely to Manny he may even let us stay later so we can visit more and not have to leave. I'm sure there must be some place close for food and some light refreshments. Okay, what do you think???
Rob

We'll be there. I'm sorry I failed to mention it. Forgetful sometimes.

Sure Rob -- I'm in.
I know there's a great pizza place close by -- we had some last week for supper when I stayed late one evening.
Let us know what Manny says about later after the event maybe for an hour.

I know there will be cleanup after all have gone which I'm sure they'll be happy to get help with.

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.