I have the stock Stingray. I went in to ACS to look at the two models. Live fairly close to them. Luckily they had their own C7 in house. One side with the "normal" splash guards and one side with the larger ones. Personally preferred the "normal" width guards as aesthetically I found they matched better for the line of sight i.e. do not protrude past the line of the rocker guards. But that is a personal preference. Went in the next week for installation. Took them not more than a half hour to do it. Posted the pics on here last autumn.

I have the stock Stingray. I went in to ACS to look at the two models. Live fairly close to them. Luckily they had their own C7 in house. One side with the "normal" splash guards and one side with the larger ones. Personally preferred the "normal" width guards as aesthetically I found they matched better for the line of sight i.e. do not protrude past the line of the rocker guards. But that is a personal preference. Went in the next week for installation. Took them not more than a half hour to do it. Posted the pics on here last autumn.
awesome i was thinking the same thing , thank u

Just installed on my 2014
20200316_094624.jpg
Premier Edition Roadster. Installation took less than a hour.

Reactions: turbozig
I love that colour green!
Is that a bit of extension cord protection I see under the cover?
If yes.....and you care......run the cord inside, thru the arms of a sweater you hate, and hang it down the 1/4 panel for full coverage.

Reactions: Barry Knutson
If yes.....and you care......run the cord inside, thru the arms of a sweater you hate, and hang it down the 1/4 panel for full coverage.
It is the battery tender cord..I have been putting a towel between the cord and car. Sweater sleeve is a great idea.Thank you!

Reactions: AxeZ06
i see it i like that idea as well larger on back smaller on frt

Just went through the ACS splash guard decision making process last month to purchase the ACS ‘Enhanced’ splash guards for my 2019 Z51. The main item that influenced my decision was that I am planning on purchasing the ACS Stingray Z06 Aeropak within the next couple of weeks. Hope the following helps.

Remember that the ACS ‘Enhanced’ front splash guards extend a distance of approx. 1” from the body, roughly equal to the leading edge of their Z06 rocker extensions, while the ‘XL’ version extends approx. 2”, or 1” beyond the leading edge of the rocker extensions.

Observations:
- the front Z51 tires are 1.6” narrower than the GS/Z06 tires and GM specs note that the front ‘track’ on a Stingray/Z51 is .5” narrower than on a GS/Z06. A closer review of these details concludes that the outer edge of the Z51 tires are located approx .7” inboard of the front fender wheel openings while the GS/Z06 front tires actually extend .4” beyond the front fender edge, thus ensuring a need for the factory front wheel flares and splash guards on both the GS and Z06.
- the GS and Z06 ‘wide body’ rear quarter panels extend 1.5” beyond the Z51 body panels.

Conclusions:
- Due to the outside face of the front tires on a Stingray/Z51 being 1.1” further inboard than the GS/Z06 tires and the narrower rear quarter panels, the ACS ‘Enhanced’ splash guards should provide sufficient protection for C7 Stingray/Z51’s, plus, the ‘Enhanced’ guards only extend 1” beyond the front fender placing them in line with the leading edge of the rocker extensions, thus providing, what I feel, is a more visually appealing appearance than the ‘XL’ guards.
- Because of the wider ‘track’ of the front wheels and extra protection required to protect the larger ‘wide body’ rear quarter panels, the GS and Z06 stance would benefit from the 1.0” wider ‘XL’ splash guards.

Interesting final comment, while the ‘XL’ front splash guards do extend 1” further then the ‘Enhanced’ guards, with the Z51 front stance being 2.07” narrower than the GS/Z06, the ‘Enhanced’ guards protection area on a Z51 is the same as that provided by the ‘XL’ guards on a GS/Z06.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
Just went through the ACS splash guard decision making process last month to purchase the ACS ‘Enhanced’ splash guards for my 2019 Z51. The main item that influenced my decision was that I am planning on purchasing the ACS Stingray Z06 Aeropak within the next couple of weeks. Hope the following helps.

Remember that the ACS ‘Enhanced’ front splash guards extend a distance of approx. 1” from the body, roughly equal to the leading edge of their Z06 rocker extensions, while the ‘XL’ version extends approx. 2”, or 1” beyond the leading edge of the rocker extensions.

Observations:
- the front Z51 tires are 1.6” narrower than the GS/Z06 tires and GM specs note that the front ‘track’ on a Stingray/Z51 is .5” narrower than on a GS/Z06. A closer review of these details concludes that the outer edge of the Z51 tires are located approx .7” inboard of the front fender wheel openings while the GS/Z06 front tires actually extend .4” beyond the front fender edge, thus ensuring a need for the factory front wheel flares and splash guards on both the GS and Z06.
- the GS and Z06 ‘wide body’ rear quarter panels extend 1.5” beyond the Z51 body panels.

Conclusions:
- Due to the outside face of the front tires on a Stingray/Z51 being 1.1” further inboard than the GS/Z06 tires and the narrower rear quarter panels, the ACS ‘Enhanced’ splash guards should provide sufficient protection for C7 Stingray/Z51’s, plus, the ‘Enhanced’ guards only extend 1” beyond the front fender placing them in line with the leading edge of the rocker extensions, thus providing, what I feel, is a more visually appealing appearance than the ‘XL’ guards.
- Because of the wider ‘track’ of the front wheels and extra protection required to protect the larger ‘wide body’ rear quarter panels, the GS and Z06 stance would benefit from the 1.0” wider ‘XL’ splash guards.

Interesting final comment, while the ‘XL’ front splash guards do extend 1” further then the ‘Enhanced’ guards, with the Z51 front stance being 2.07” narrower than the GS/Z06, the ‘Enhanced’ guards protection area on a Z51 is the same as that provided by the ‘XL’ guards on a GS/Z06.
j &s well said. my thinking was not to get the XL version for the front for the exact reason, but the enhanced version i didnt like the look of the screw heads being visible... i was considering the Xl for the rear tires...
still not totally confident unless i see it
thanks again 👏👏

As mentioned in my previous Post, the pic shown was just a first test coat and not indicative of the Finished Product.
They were sanded smooth, Primed ,Painted and Installed.

Let me just say that I would politely disagree with anyone who says they look terrible. At around $120 total cost these can be considered the Poverty ones if you will :) and has less Orange Peel compared to the name brands, of course all IMHO .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread