Power User
Jun 21, 2011
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
1970 & 2015 Stingray
Province
AB
As many of you know I was in Chilliwack from Aug 1-7 on holidays and attended WestFest at @nascar03, Graham' house on Aug 3. On the 4th I spent the day at the Mission drags with the Langley Loafers. A great time and turnout as usual. The 5th I entered my car in the Whiterock car show, which was also a fantastic day and event.

On the last day, Aug 6th before heading home, I made a plan to cruise the Mount Baker highway and mountain in Washington USA. Being it was a holiday in Canada, I decided to head out extremely early to beat the traffic and made it to the US border before 7:30 AM. I then took the 547 and then 542 secondary highways which were very scenic, relaxing and entertaining with very light traffic. Once I turned off to the Mount Baker highway, the made for Corvette road started winding through the mountain. Wow, what an amazing ride that was. With never ending S's, 90's and close to a dozen wicked switchbacks, I must say it is a Corvette drivers dream road. Caution had to be exercised due to no guardrails anywhere on the way up. Upon ascending up the mountain, I purchased the park pass and booklet with maps and information, only $5 US which allows you to stop at over a dozen scenic stops along the way.

I was very fortunate and had the roads almost to myself most of the way up and heading back down. A few cars that I came upon quickly, were very considerate to pull over and let me pass. Once I learned the road on the way up and studied the map a bit, the drive heading back down was a rollercoaster ride, fantastic indeed! Here are a few of the highlight pictures I took with my tablet. I spent about 4-5 hours on that highway and mountain road. If anyone ever heads out to West BC and has an extra day to burn, I highly suggest checking it out. One of the nicest drives and landscapes I have seen.

20180806_113117.jpg
20180806_112554.jpg
20180806_112647.jpg

Ziggy, I knew that you would enjoy that ride; and, it looks like you took the route I suggested? I so wanted to do that ride with you as it has been a very long time since I was out that way. Thanks for the pics - best!!!

Reactions: turbozig
As many of you know I was in Chilliwack from Aug 1-7 on holidays and attended WestFest at @nascar03, Graham' house on Aug 3. On the 4th I spent the day at the Mission drags with the Langley Loafers. A great time and turnout as usual. The 5th I entered my car in the Whiterock car show, which was also a fantastic day and event.

On the last day, Aug 6th before heading home, I made a plan to cruise the Mount Baker highway and mountain in Washington USA. Being it was a holiday in Canada, I decided to head out extremely early to beat the traffic and made it to the US border before 7:30 AM. I then took the 547 and then 542 secondary highways which were very scenic, relaxing and entertaining with very light traffic. Once I turned off to the Mount Baker highway, the made for Corvette road started winding through the mountain. Wow, what an amazing ride that was. With never ending S's, 90's and close to a dozen wicked switchbacks, I must say it is a Corvette drivers dream road. Caution had to be exercised due to no guardrails anywhere on the way up. Upon ascending up the mountain, I purchased the park pass and booklet with maps and information, only $5 US which allows you to stop at over a dozen scenic stops along the way.

I was very fortunate and had the roads almost to myself most of the way up and heading back down. A few cars that I came upon quickly, were very considerate to pull over and let me pass. Once I learned the road on the way up and studied the map a bit, the drive heading back down was a rollercoaster ride, fantastic indeed! Here are a few of the highlight pictures I took with my tablet. I spent about 4-5 hours on that highway and mountain road. If anyone ever heads out to West BC and has an extra day to burn, I highly suggest checking it out. One of the nicest drives and landscapes I have seen.

Hi Ziggy, I met you at Grahams,s last week. Awesome lunch. I wish I had known you were heading down to Mount Baker Hwy, as my wife and I have a summer place just west of Glacier at Maple Falls. We would love to had you stop by. I have driven that route a couple of times, and it does not get old. Pleased you enjoyed your western trip..... Gary

Awesome distraction away from a few Corvette Pics …
We are already planning next year's YVR college tour for MacK…
and I am very tempted to make it a "His&Hers" trip (4 seats that way).
Just hoping college dates and the potential of another West Fest align.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.