CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
This has been around for a while but seems to be catching on.

If you google it, there is much to read on the subject.

Seems our schools are getting more and more involved with this movement......

Personally I'd like to see them as passionate with improving these kid's maths and english marks.
I'd really like to see some better results for all the money being put into the education system.......never mind these so called "other relationships" ..

Do not be shy, I am not. Feel free to comment.

Parents Outraged Over School's Elimination of Mother's and Father's Day

back in the day we used to call the homeless - bums and these politically correct do-gooders we called weirdos.....i miss those days. about 10 or 15 years ago here in lakefield at the local high school, a principal tried to ban christmas and was subsequently fired. too much creedence is given to eggheads today. :swear:

back in the day we used to call the homeless - bums and these politically correct do-gooders we called weirdos.....i miss those days. about 10 or 15 years ago here in lakefield at the local high school, a principal tried to ban christmas and was subsequently fired. too much creedence is given to eggheads today. :swear:

Perhaps the schools will eliminate all the other holidays as well, Christmas, mid winter, Easter and summer holidays. Oh wait, that won't happen. They get days off with those other holidays. It looks like the insane are in control of the assylum.

Maybe they should just have "everybody wins day!" This PC crap is just going too far. Differences are a part of life. Kids are going to have to learn to deal with it at some point. It's up to parents to develop well rounded kids. It's not going to happen by sweeping everything under the rug. My brother would always praise his kids whenever they did anything at all. I asked him about this and he said he wanted to build their confidence. Then I asked him if he ever gave them direction or suggestions/corrections on improvement because what would happen when the kids went to school and didn't do well on a test? They would be in shock that they could do something wrong! I think we should teach kids to embrace differences and that it makes for a well rounded community and we can use each others strengths. I think all this PC happy, happy ignorance of differences is sucking the wonderfulness out of a diverse society. Ever since PC stuff came in kids have really begun to develop a sense of entitlement. Coming out of school and working at a gas station is beneath them. They all expect to land jobs as professionals and get paid a lot of money without the work. I've also seen a decline in respect for older people as well as a decline in basic math/writing and social skills. This may not be due to PC stuff but I'm on a roll with my rant so there you go.

With that said, there are some wonderful kids out there who have a great work ethic and are very good but I doubt it's because of the elimination of traditional holidays and special days during the year. Canada needs to get a back bone and just tell people who are offended by our traditions that this is how we do things here. If I moved to another country, I wouldn't expect them to bend over for my traditions, I would try to incorporate myself into that country's culture and do my own traditions at home if not observed nationally.

I wonder if there is ever going to be a backlash against the PC system and people will start a "tell it like it is" movement.

*My views are not the views of this forum but just another pissed off Canadian that is offended by all the people who are offended by the elimination of our traditions.:canada:

:agree::agree: Amen brother! (or is that not politically correct)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: -- my first read of the day and it was a good one.
Cheers Terry for making me laugh ----I owe you one ... (and I needed that),

.........and Riley : I do believe that you reflect the opinion of many people I know and if I might add -- that you'll make a very good Dad..........:D

---------ONe never knows what small discussions might bare fruit one day....God knows some people need a kick in the arse some days (I know I do),

Maybe we can kick some of these over Liberal politicians in the arse too and represent the majority's wishes............or am I just dreaming? :D

In any case, Merry Christmas, Happy Easter, and Happy Mother's and Father's day and any other traditional wish that one might feel the need for, should I forget --

and oh yeah: God bless you all.....you are true brothers and sisters.

Colin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.