Sep 3, 2010
welland,ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2006, base
Well,
the original GY runflats were cracked in the channels of both front and rear.
with only 25000km, on the '06 convertable, [base].
Spoke with Manny, [who else ??], and finished with Andrew and crew, at Beverly Tire in Cambridge installing and balancing them today.
Supplied by Jon in California, they made the trip in a total of 7 days !!

Initial impressions..more cushioned ride.[ Not difficult in comparison to 5 yr.
old runflats ]. Seem quieter too, although difficult to hear on the 401.

Will be interesting to see how they perform and their durability.

nitto invo's f: 275/35-18 r: 303/30-19

Tony

Well, its been 2 months since the Nitto's were installed. More than happy to date.
Ride is quiet, road grip is good,[ only got up to 0.60g ] using highway on /off ramps.[g].
Need to find more turns !!
Tires don't show any wear after ~ 2500km.

Tony

When would you recommend someone to go from the INVO's to the NT05's? Is it worth the jump to the NT05's or would you never be able to tell the performance advantage of the NT05 on the street?

I was reading a review on the contisport 5p, never been a real fan of continental but they say there are great they had compared them to the PS2 and some other tires and loved the contisport 5p... hmmm

I've heard the Invos are a good all round tire.NT05s are also a great tire but I would go with NT555s if I wanted that type of tire as they are much better in the rain.With anything over 600RWHP you are really limited for a street tire that will hook.The Nitto DRs worked well for me and lasted longer then I expected.I just bought some Toyo RA1s as a lot of Vette guys swear by them.I was going to go with R888s but I heard they were not that good in the rain.I don't drive much in the rain but I go to FL every winter and rain can come out of now where.Anyone else have any tires they really like?

I was reading a review on the contisport 5p, never been a real fan of continental but they say there are great they had compared them to the PS2 and some other tires and loved the contisport 5p... hmmm

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread