Nov 3, 2012
buckhorn ontario
VetteCoins
Car
i see that " argo " won best picture. best fiction maybe. why not tell the real story - the true hero of the iran hostage crisis.....canadian ambassador ken taylor ? just like hollywood completely ignored the contribution of the u of t guys in returning apollo 13 safely. i guess hollywood's image of us as lumberjack, polar bear hunting, mckenzie brothers does'nt fit a good story line. :(

i see that " argo " won best picture. best fiction maybe. why not tell the real story - the true hero of the iran hostage crisis.....canadian ambassador ken taylor ? just like hollywood completely ignored the contribution of the u of t guys in returning apollo 13 safely. i guess hollywood's image of us as lumberjack, polar bear hunting, mckenzie brothers does'nt fit a good story line. :(
Most couldn't pick out Canada from a map of North America .

I was talking about this very topic this morning with a friend, Ex-President Carter said this on Piers Morgan

“90 percent of the contributions to the ideas and the consummation of the plan was Canadian. And the movie gives almost full credit to the American CIA. And with that exception, the movie is very good.”

May not be very popular but I feel that if we wanted the true story to come out then we (Canadians) should have made the movie.

Don't get your hopes up on educating Americans. A few years ago our kids were on summer exchanges with kids from Connecticut, which isn't all that far away. Some of them came with winter coats. One good thing about the exchanges, the kids went home knowing what Ontario and cottage country was really like in the summer. Nothing like being there, doing that to learn. As for Hollywood, well......it's Hollywood. Expect nothing there. In the last 20 years I've been to see two movies. One was the Bucket List and I enjoyed it. The other was something that was eminently forgettable .....whatever it was.
Then again, there are a lot of Peterborough people who couldn't find Lindsay. I know a lady who had been as far as the Chemong Lodge for supper and it is at the south end of Bridgenorth. We took her with us on a run up north and she was surprised, when passing through, at how big the village was. Bridgenorth is perhaps 3 miles north of Peterborough. It's not just an American thing. It's that Hollywood is so blatant about it.

Last edited:
It's no different then the Americans taking credit for liberating Rome in WW2, meanwhile it was the Canadian tank Division (I believe the 1st Division), who was there first and were given orders to move on by the Americans in charge. Don't even get me started on the Arrow jet fighter.:mad:

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Probably a good thing to have the Americans take the credit for everything; it keeps the rest of the world ignorant of our involvement.
[mob][/mob]

i don't put any blame on the american people. it is the hollywood money making machine re-writing history for profit. generations pass without knowledge of true historical events. it becomes dangerously close to propaganda.

i don't put any blame on the american people. it is the hollywood money making machine re-writing history for profit. generations pass without knowledge of true historical events. it becomes dangerously close to propaganda.
I'm sorry to say that most Americans have little or no knowledge of Canada .Those that do take your country for granted .I'm not sure I've noted a presidential visit in years or when the Secretary of state has wandered on up .Now when ya leave the continent it's different story ,Canada gets a lot of respect in the world .

President Obama visited Ottawa in February of 2009 and was well received.

harper-obama-w-161008.jpg

:canada:

Well 67 thats good start but not as good as the old days when Roosevelt had a summer home in Canada .I just don't think Canada gets the attention it deserves ,It's a great neighbor .

The old days when we crossed the boarder and waved .

In all seriousness, my dear Corvette friends, one of the great things about CCF compared to other places on the Internet, is the almost total absence of political discussion.

I'm on my knees, by my bed tonight, praying that it stays that way. ;)

a0jh2s.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread