corsvette

2 You're 10
Nov 15, 2009
strathmore
VetteCoins
Car
General Motors draws on global designers for the new Chevrolet Corvette CLICK LINK

Looks like GM wants to turn Americas favorite sportscar into a more international product,i watched while GM made an attempt to bring Cadillac into the global market with limited success.

I think it should take a evolutionary route again,it has been successful for six generations now,Corvette buyers are like 911 owners,they like the recipe just fine and they wont like extreme changes,i see GM's concerns about the aging buyer,but to take the younger market you need a much cheaper car which = less performance,if anything i think they could move it upmarket a bit,these cars bring world class performance to the table,with more thought put into the obvious cost cutting areas (namely the interior)i think consumers would be willing to pay a few more $$.

I think there is so much competition in todays market,the sales figures reflect that,also sport car sales are way down from the recession.If they stick to the performance per dollar formula,and bring a car to market that looks as good INSIDE as it does outside,the Corvette will be very hard to ignore in this market.

Lets hear some of your opinions on what direction the next vette should take,and what major changes you would like to see.

They should make it a mid engine. With a V-6 diesel and all wheel drive!:D

Actually, I would like to see it smaller and lighter if possible. I always liked the idea of an LSX in an RX-7 sized body.

Is an rx-z really that much smaller than a corvette? I suppose it is a little... I haven't looked at the specs. Sounds like ur building a euro sport coupe there riley... Hmmm. (Where's the thumbs down emoticon in this thing? Lol)
[mob][/mob]

I love that the Corvette looks bigger than other sports cars. I makes it not look like a toy. And yes some improvments could be made to certain areas, but the Corvette is still a high performer in the world of sports cars and only a fraction of the price in some cases. I think the path that has brought the Corvette were it is should continue and to hell with the other sports cars. Just make the Corvette awsome on its own without comparison.

T

Is an rx-z really that much smaller than a corvette? I suppose it is a little... I haven't looked at the specs. Sounds like ur building a euro sport coupe there riley... Hmmm. (Where's the thumbs down emoticon in this thing? Lol)
[mob][/mob]

Current Corvette: Length-174.4, Height-49.1, Width-72.6, Wheelbase-105.6 and Weight-3208

1995 RX7: Length-169.3, Height-48.4, Width-68.9, Wheelbase-96 and Weight-2695

So, it doesn't look like they are that much smaller. I expected something much different...except the 500lb difference in weight is quite a bit.

I always find my Corvette looks big...until I park it next to something else...I wonder why that is?

Thanks riley.. the vette is only 5" longer!!!

I think it is an illusion created by the long hood myself but more importantly I think that the increase width of the car greatly improves not only handling but CABIN COMFORT!! I was in an Rx-7 and wanted to cut my wrists...

I'd say the weight savings are mostly in the lighter motor and subsequent tranny/diff required to support the littlt hamster under the hood.

Thanks riley.. the vette is only 5" longer!!!

I think it is an illusion created by the long hood myself but more importantly I think that the increase width of the car greatly improves not only handling but CABIN COMFORT!! I was in an Rx-7 and wanted to cut my wrists...

I'd say the weight savings are mostly in the lighter motor and subsequent tranny/diff required to support the littlt hamster under the hood.

Yah, I never have sat in an RX-7

I wonder how radical the new Vette will be. I bet it looks way better in person than in photos. However, I think I would favor an evolution rather than something totally new.

I snagged a couple more future Vette concepts off the ole net today, i do like the tail treatment on this one, no so big on the front end though. I'm just way to excited to see what the C7 will look like!

2hd5zyt.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/280mqvk.jpg[/I
[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/f3dmpc.jpg
280mqvk.jpg

Aren't vettes supposed to have 4 round tail lights? Honestly I'm not a huge fan, if you give the design the 4 it should have (in my opinion) then it would look like they ripped the design off of the F430 Ferrari.

Overall I applaud the attempt to keep the vette styling on the edge rather than putting it to sleep like I have feared since the C6 release.

I too like the styling in the latest photos BUT would prefer four round tail lights as well. They don't have to be flush with each other but it should look like a Corvette from the rear...because that's all most people will see.:D

Build the "same" car and put a high quality interior in it. Simple. There is so much RIGHT with the car now, and even moreso when you see what they can do for half the price of others.

You can't make somebody who doesn't like the Corvette LIKE the Corvette. But when they're seated inside, if it's as nice as the "other" guys and it's faster, all of a sudden the other guys look like a bad decision, right? You can get people to aspire to it, especially if the "interactive" end of it is "un"Aveo-esque.

While I was at my local GM dealer today getting my wifes Yukon serviced, i had a good look at the new Chevy Cruze, all i can say is if the next Vette's interior is anywhere near as high quality we are in good shape, it's just amazing how good it is considering its an entry level car, it would not look out of place in a $40k car. i think the days of garbage Vette interiors will be a distant memory in the next gen car, GM's new interiors are very impressive lately.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.