dak47

Casual User
Jun 1, 2012
Kelowna B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2012 C6
My background in mods is with my Harley's.... Even with mods on my new CVO, although technically warranty voiding - my dealer still looks after me with warranty work!! No such love with my Chevy dealer.... The Borla's already had them frowning and they're saying a cold air intake will void my warranty :mad: Huh??? I'm running heads, cams, aftermarket tuners, pipes etc on my bikes and still have coverage, and I can't even put a air filter on the Vette???
Do I just have a staid and lame dealership?:confused:

Dirk

Just one that's playing by the letter of the rules but stale nonetheless. Cat back exhausts aren't rumored to create any melt downs but you can start running into issues with an intake.

For what it will gain you and the amount of time that you might experience the difference, I'd leave the intake alone. Just my $0.02.

A supercharger is the best way to remove the doubt!!!! :)

:rofl: HLNASS, oops I mean A55 -- I'll be chuckling about the supercharger comment until tomorrow at least.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Thanks; you've made my evening.:D

Dak47:

Unless you have a very liberal minded and confident dealer, you can count on pretty much being on your own for anything 'downstream' of any mod.

Heck I've even got wind of dealerships feakin' out over mods to the point they deny ANY warranty work......:eek: --
Just imagine how "staid and lame" those dealerships are.....:rolleyes:

My thinking is that these cars are very well built with all but bulletproof drivetrains, so unless you're ruthless to it, you'll PROBABLY not get into anything too expensive outside the normal wear and tear items.

If there is a problem with 'other' warrantied items I believe that my dealership at least would be hard pressed to deny the claim.

I'm really not expecting any issues but I have accepted at least some of the responsibility for my mods which are quite extensive.

If you don't want any possible issues with your dealer over mods and it sounds like they're not very mod friendly then consider not modding at all outside what you've already done.

You could always check around for a more friendly dealership. I've found as you have that they do vary somewhat.

Colin.

Last edited:
Well I've talked to the three Chebbie dealerships in the valley..... forget it, I'll see if I can get my money back on the extended warranty that the wife talked me into.....
I've emailed Manny and have been looking at the Callaway setups too..... The wife just rolls her eyes, but that's what retention bonuses are for!!! She did say the TopFlight front plate holder and rear hatch prop showed up today, frigging B.C. laws!
Now to see on pricing on the OZ rims....

Dirk

Well I've talked to the three Chebbie dealerships in the valley..... forget it, I'll see if I can get my money back on the extended warranty that the wife talked me into.....
I've emailed Manny and have been looking at the Callaway setups too..... The wife just rolls her eyes, but that's what retention bonuses are for!!! She did say the TopFlight front plate holder and rear hatch prop showed up today, frigging B.C. laws!
Now to see on pricing on the OZ rims....

Dirk

Email sent on mods , let me know OZ wheels you are looking at , I can get you any wheels you want .

Last edited:
my son has an srt-4 and the dealership said they would void the warrenty for his transmission if .he put a short shifter in, even though je bought it thru mopar performance. which dodge sell directly to customers for his car. basically, any performance part dodge sold would have voided the warranty according to my local dealership. but a friendly one a little farther away wasn't worried about his mods and we were well looked after.

Although this sounds the same as everyone is saying I too put had a Vararam put on and when I took to dealer was very promptly told with the CAI no warranty, And with 160,000 KM powertrain was torn on what to do so put the old system on to have checked nad then manny put the vararam on after. But they were positive they would not warranty it if I left it on

When we bought our 2005 Jimmy new, I passed on the $1700 extended warranty. So far, the Jimmy has needed nothing that wasn't covered by the basic warranty so I'm $1700 to the good. We bought the Corvette privately so no warranty there. Am I worried? No. From my experience, the chances of anything breaking are pretty slim unless the vehicle is being abused. Of course there are always exceptions but I have never broken anything in all my years with musclecars. The car companies will use any excuse to void a warranty and the dealer certainly isn't going to stick his neck out and end up getting hung out to dry. I don't think I would be doing anything to void a warranty unless I was going for a major power boost.....like a supercharger. :D

Careful with those OZ wheels. I've heard they make the engine oil go bad and due to the different type of aluminum used in the wheels, the electrical potential caused by the gravity of the moon has a tendency to weld the syncros in the transmission, so no warranty there either! And, don't even get me started on how waxing your car affects the frame! I can go on and on.:D

Careful with those OZ wheels. I've heard they make the engine oil go bad and due to the different type of aluminum used in the wheels, the electrical potential caused by the gravity of the moon has a tendency to weld the syncros in the transmission, so no warranty there either! And, don't even get me started on how waxing your car affects the frame on your car! I can go on and on.:D

Riley I think you need to adjust your caddidle.....it's runnin' a bit blue:rofl:

C.

I've never been one to muck about. My suggestion is to pull up the the dealer, clutch drop your car, get a new rear diff and THEN install the blower LOL

On a more serious note, there is a lot to be said for having a warranty, but for the most part, it will cost you if you're looking into any mods. I like to mod so I doubt I'll ever buy a new one. Unless you have someone to help like Manny ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.