Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
Maserati Tipo 151 of Walt Hansgen and Bruce McLaren from Le Mans in 1962. A similar 151 was fitted with a 427 Ford engine replacing the 5.7 litre Maserati V8. It had such evil handling that NASCAR veteran Marvin Panch was lucky to escape with his life in a fiery crash at Three Hour Daytona Race in 1963. Love the style of the car.

9blhs9Sl.jpg

Another Maserati this model a "Birdcage" was a California car driven by Billy Kruse. Both models are AMR kits.

twAm3nVl.jpg

nShdYkil.jpg

The Briggs Cunningham Cadillacs from Le Mans 1950

The "Aerodynamic Le Monstre". This is a Sparks finished model of the car that came in 11th. Basically stock with a well, very ugly body!
fkExBdnl.jpg

The stock 1950 Cadillac that finished 10th. An AMR kit, the two tone was easy on this one since the roof was separate from the main body. Very heavy model.

Jblnq3cl.jpg

oacwLK1l.jpg

AMR Ferrari 250 GTO 1962

aloGCgIl.jpg

AMR Ferrari 250 GTO 1963

6rf9P78l.jpg

6KCL5Ial.jpg

AMR Ferrari 330
gbrSdVjl.jpg

wObvm5ml.jpg

Last edited:
Murray..
Those models are all 1'43rd scale and very special.
The 1/32nd scale slot car world has changed in the past 10 years..
Some of the racing models are gorgeous... super detailed.
And they can sometimes be carefully run around a track.
Here is a FLY Ferrari. 1962.
FLY Slot Car Ferrari.jpg

The companies are all competing now for authenticity and it has brought the detail way up the scale(pun intended!)
FLY Ferrari 512S.jpg

graham
(I downloaded these pictures because I have no photo skills at all...LOL)

A few for my buddy Graham (nascar03)

Earnhardt from the fateful Daytona 2001 race. The Oreo car from the twin 125 qualifier, the Goodwrench 3 from the 500 and the C5R from the Rolex 24 hours where Earnhardt, Dale Jr. and Andy Pillgram finished 4th over all. The black cars are 1/24 Action Models and the Corvette is 1/18 Action Model. Snowing here so nothing else to do!

bI15UHXl.jpg

u5tDzTrl.jpg

6eOIYMwl.jpg

suoRKE6l.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread