This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Mod I can afford

Or you can put a couple of wraps of hockey tape on the end of a regular socket...
For the thrifties, that would work. If I had hockey tape around the house it might be a solution, but at $11 for a roll, I am already half way to having the proper tool.

I also like the fact that these have a nylon insert that protects the head of the lug nuts especially we using the impact gun to install and remove.
None of my sockets were 6-point so, I opted to spend $22 to protect the $300 worth of lug nuts and $3000+ dollars of rims.

It is also the perfect length to miss the body panels when using the 250ft/lb torque wrench to loosen and tighten up the said lug nuts.

Reactions: 1st Vette
I may be wrong, but I believe every generation of Corvettes have their own crossed flags. It's a Corvette thing.
Jack should appreciate this….
The Corvette's crossed flags logo has evolved significantly over its eight generations, reflecting changes in design trends and branding strategies. Here's a summary of the logo changes by generation:

C1 (1953-1962)​

The original logo designed by Robert Bartholomew featured a checkered flag crossed with the American flag. Due to legal restrictions on using the American flag for commercial purposes, it was replaced with a red flag bearing a Chevrolet bow-tie and a fleur-de-lis, symbolizing the French heritage of Louis Chevrolet.

C2 (1963-1967)​

The second-generation logo dropped the "Chevrolet Corvette" wording, enlarged the flags, and removed the circular boundary. The flags were positioned more upright, and a "V" was added under the flags to signify the V-8 engine.

C3 (1968-1982)​

The C3 logo retained the C2 design initially but was modified in 1973. The flags were angled outward, connected by half-moon circles at the top and bottom.

C4 (1984-1996)​

This generation saw a significant redesign. The flags were placed side-by-side, with the checkered flag on the left and a red flag with a Chevrolet bow-tie on the right. The fleur-de-lis was removed, and the logo became flatter and straighter.

C5 (1997-2004)​

The C5 logo returned to the crossed flags design, with the flags crossing at a sharp angle. The fleur-de-lis reappeared near the Chevrolet logo, though in a slightly different form.

C6 (2005-2013)​

The C6 logo adopted a V-shaped design, maintaining the elements of the C5 logo but without the circular border. The fleur-de-lis was present but modified again.

C7 (2014-2019)​

The C7 logo became more angular, with the flags unfurled at a 60-degree angle and sharpened edges. The Chevrolet logo was angled with a white/silver border, and the fleur-de-lis was redesigned once more.

C8 (2020-Present)​

The C8 logo merged the two flags along the same Y-axis, with the Chevrolet logo and a revised fleur-de-lis on the right. The logo is available in a bright regular version or a Carbon Flash variant with blacked-out accents.Throughout its history, the Corvette's emblem has consistently featured the checkered flag and the Chevrolet bow-tie, with the fleur-de-lis appearing intermittently to honor the brand's heritage.

This badge was on my 2019 Grandsport.
Ya, further confirmation! Thanks.
I'm far from expert. It was only when I noticed the slight difference between the C7 and C8 logos that I researched. Seems a lot of people don't know! lol

Got these . Well made . You want something nonslip between them and the jack or lift arm , such as a flat piece of rubber to prevent sliding.
Good point. I've never used them. They are in there, but I've never looked t see if they still are there! lol

Reactions: 1st Vette