Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
FYI, have now released v1.0.4 of our Mobile Apps for Android and iOS. You can download the updates directly via the update mechanisms for your phones/tablets (in most cases this is automatic).

This release brings hashtag support as well as numerous bug fixes as such it is deemed a maintenance release.

Some early stats for our mobile app roll out in last 30 days. Kind of surprising in some ways.

IOS - 207 installs, 60% Canada, rest is USA, some Asia and Europe
Android - 116 installs, 80% Canada, rest USA and Latin America

Given it's early days and 0 effort sunk into marketing it's good to see people picking up the app just casually browsing the app stores. Also picking up some USA visitors.

CCF's general unique user base and readership is definitely on the rise this summer and seeing a relatively sharp spike this month. Thanks in part to the apps but also think @2009CGMZR1 biz cards and @MikeysZ06 (and others) weed dispensary-like speed had a lot to do with it. Thanks to all that throw the cards on cars without getting shot, it's helping growth like no other ad we can run.

Glad to help Nik. This is a great site you've put together. There's some really good people here. I also have to thank my friend Jenny in Kalispell Montana for handing out cards around there and giving us some Western US exposure. Shes handed out 7 of the 20 cards I sent her !!

Glad to help Nik. This is a great site you've put together. There's some really good people here. I also have to thank my friend Jenny in Kalispell Montana for handing out cards around there and giving us some Western US exposure. Shes handed out 7 of the 20 cards I sent her !!

Team effort. I just do the techy bits and make sure I'm first in line to collect credit card numbers that people may put in as usernames :)

I have the recent app on my tablet and it works fine, however, I can only get the version 1.0.7 on my android Samsung phone and it has several bugs. No pictures show up for one, and the menu is very condensed and missing lots of stuff. Ideas?

I have the recent app on my tablet and it works fine, however, I can only get the version 1.0.7 on my android Samsung phone and it has several bugs. No pictures show up for one, and the menu is very condensed and missing lots of stuff. Ideas?

If you don't mind PMing me with details of the issues and screenshots as well as phone model and ID version.

I tried the app on my iPhone 6s for a couple of days but,I went back to logging on from the webpage. The app looks and works good. I'm just used to the webpage and like entering in that way.

Versions 1.1.1 for Android and 1.1.2 for iOS were rolled out yesterday, please upgrade if you're an active user as we have some usability improvements.

1. Threads now open on last unread position
2. Better camera support
3. Pagination will now auto-hide properly

Android version 1.1.8 and iOS version 1.1.7 are now out. Mostly minor fixes though one key update is that push notifications via the mobile app will now go to the relevant content i.e. post within a thread or tag. If you're running the app you should've already been prompted to update them, if not visit your play store or appstore on apple and get the update.

New versions of the iOS and Android apps are rolling out tonight. We've added some additional menu options to access other parts of the forum via the app and reduce reliance on the mobile browsers.

Let me know if you spot any issues as always.

Reactions: ddgermann
New versions of the iOS and Android apps are rolling out tonight. We've added some additional menu options to access other parts of the forum via the app and reduce reliance on the mobile browsers.

Let me know if you spot any issues as always.

Yeah... I got one boss.... The Z10 still doesn't work....even with the new versions.... :rolleyes:

Just got finished discussing the new BB10 update arrival with the head BB Tech Manager.... His last words before he hung up were something to do with a cold day in hill.... Not sure what he meant....

Reactions: ddgermann

Users who are viewing this thread