Some dealers just have bad mechanics. I bought Kia Sportage 7 years ago. The dealer had to fix a minor scuff on the car that required removal of the driver's side rear wheel. When I picked the car up I noticed a vibration, especially on higher speeds. I took it back to the dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong. The vibration got worse so on my way back to the dealer I saw a lady behind me frantically waving her hands and pointing at my car. I got out at a red light and saw the rear wheel was almost off. The idiot who worked on my car didn't tighten the lugs. Needless to say, when I got to the dealer, after hand tightening the lugs, I was rather unpleasant. Mistakes are made but some are just ridiculous.

WOW! They didn't tighten the lug nuts on the rear wheel, you notice a problem and take it back to them, and they CANT FIND ANYTHING WRONG!! Holy chit. Now that is a dealership that should be avoided at all cost. What a bunch of morons.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Oil light..? Oil gauge..? Warning light..?
Do cars shut-off if the oil pressure drops enough?
My power washer has a feature where if the oil(pressure or volume?) is low the machine stops and will not start.

graham
I have several generators, pressure washers and the like that do shut down when the oil drops below a certain level but have never heard of a car that did that. Regardless, in a vehicle on the highway when the oil plug falls out, I would expect that unless you happened to be looking at the instrument panel the moment it happened, that you're too late to save an engine anyway. I'm not a mechanic but wouldn't think an engine would last long with no oil in it. How many people with little knowledge of cars, other than how to drive them, would continue on to the next service station, even if they did notice the engine light on. My wife would certainly keep on going.

LESSON TO LEARN!! In this age of available on-line information...do your homework. Not only researching the reliability of a particular model, check on the reliability of a manufacturer to stand behind their product in the event of a problem. In this case, it seems the dealer doing the service is responsible, but the manufacturer should be investigating the service department for shoddy work being performed. It reflects on their products! For example, Toyota makes a good product, with a generally strong dealership service record, but they fail to acknowledge a reoccurring, prevalent, or defect problem that may affect a particular model, literally ignoring consumer complaints, leaving owners with an out-of-pocket expense that should be covered by Toyota. Repairs are eventually undertaken after a class action suit has been effected. As far as Mitsubishi, Kia, and Hyundai are concerned, all their products are fairly good for the first three years, after that...lookout!

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Same thing at the local Acura dealer on my 17 RDX...Loose drain plug. Lucky I noticed the drips on the driveway. They did send me a $50. coffee gift card.
Do my own changes on that vehicle now..
GM dealer has a drive through so you can watch them..Staffed by good people so far.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.