Nov 12, 2009
New Brunswick
VetteCoins
Car
2006 C6
For all those that disconnected their main battery, then lost their clock on the Nav unit, a fix has been found and is downloadble to a CD-R

I know it works because I burned the file on the CD, and loaded it on my Nav unit.
https://tis2web.akamai.gm.com/radio/..._05_10_fix.zip
Open the link to access the .KWI file.
The file you downloaded is a compressed Zip file, that has to be unzipped, or uncompressed first, before you burn the CD.
Once you unzip the file burn the .KWI file onto a CD-R
Follow these instructions:
Burn the LOADING.KWI to a BLANK CD-R. Once this is completely burned and finished, go to your Corvette

#1 Make sure the vehicle is outside and the engine is running.

#2 On the radio display, press the Open/Close Faceplate Key

#3 Eject the map disc by pressing DVD Map Database Eject Key. Insert the Software Update CD-R Disc in the DVD Map Database Slot

The update will start automatically. You will see a progress bar on the screen. The update takes about 2 minutes. The vehicle logo will be seen once the update is completed.
1573434358015.png

Once you see the Corvette logo, remove the update disc and REINSTALL YOUR MAP DISC!

You will see the clock now also appears on the Corvette logo Splash Screen.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
For all those that disconnected their main battery, then lost their clock on the Nav unit, a fix has been found and is downloadble to a CD-R

I know it works because I burned the file on the CD, and loaded it on my Nav unit.
The file you downloaded is a compressed Zip file, that has to be unzipped, or uncompressed first, before you burn the CD.
Burn the LOADING.KWI to a BLANK CD-R. Once this is completely burned and finished, go to your Corvette

#3 Eject the map disc by pressing DVD Map Database Eject Key. Insert the Software Update CD-R Disc in the DVD Map Database Slot

The update will start automatically. You will see a progress bar on the screen. The update takes about 2 minutes. The vehicle logo will be seen once the update is completed.
1573434358015.png

Once you see the Corvette logo, remove the update disc and REINSTALL YOUR MAP DISC!

Good Luck.

Great work, I've also taken the liberty to add it to our Showcase (impromptu Wiki) here:

1573434358015.png

Good Luck.
Would you be willing to mail me the burnt CDR....I am not good with computers. I would pay you for the CDR and shipping.

Thanks

Tim Cote
604 Pine Vista Dr
Ottawa, On K4A 5B2

Just did the update and it worked!!! Make sure you burn the file to a cdr disc and not a DVD disc. My bad. It took me abit to figure this out. And then once your radio is updated and has a gps signal, the clock comes back!! Feels pretty good after no clock for a year.

Thanks

• Useful
Reactions: ddgermann
Just did the update and it worked!!! Make sure you burn the file to a cdr disc and not a DVD disc. My bad. It took me abit to figure this out. And then once your radio is updated and has a gps signal, the clock comes back!! Feels pretty good after no clock for a year.

Thanks
Getting my CDR next Friday...will report findings..

Not trying to be funny but find a 10 year old kid and have him or her do it for you. Those little buggers usually know computers way better than we do.
I agree but burning a cd when most computers do not even have a cd holder anymore. And that my friend was told to me by a dealership. Do you have a 10 year old ?

I agree but burning a cd when most computers do not even have a cd holder anymore. And that my friend was told to me by a dealership. Do you have a 10 year old ?

I bought a portable CD/DVD player/burner from Apple for this kinda thing. They are not expensive or possibly one of your friends may have one too. Sorry I'm fresh out of 10-year-olds here. Thus I learned to do this stuff on my own. haha

Stay home if you have covid.
Stay home if you have just returned from travel.
Stay home unless its necessary to go
out for something.
At a point in time, we need to take care of
“What’s necessary” ..... Then go right back home into the cave.
“What’s necessary” is not defined and unless you have a Corvette, one may not understand.
I am not out there yet but “necessary day” is getting soooooo close.
I bought a portable CD/DVD player/burner from Apple for this kinda thing. They are not expensive or possibly one of your friends may have one too. Sorry I'm fresh out of 10-year-olds here. Thus I learned to do this stuff on my own. haha

@Allie that's ridiculous the dealership doesn't get a USB optical burner, or make some other arrangements to get a disc burned when they have a customer that needs the update. This is the only way to update the firmware. Do your job dealer.

Do you know if your car has the same model Denso nav unit as the Corvette or does it just have the same problem? There were a number of Denso models that had the problem, and use different updates, so you want to ensure you use the correct update as the wrong one will turn your nav into a brick. If so, or if you have the correct file, post it here and I'm sure one of us could burn if for you.

If you don't want to get a USB optical burner (CD burner), you might be able to get a computer shop to do it for you, hence the aforementioned comment that the dealership could make other arrangements. Mileage will vary with box stores like Staples and Best Buy unless you know they have good techs, but a good private shop should be able to do it. Search local Craigslist and Kijiji for computer service.

• Useful
Reactions: Allie and ddgermann
If you have access to a 10 year old like @ddgermann suggests, or someone else that can help you burn a disc, here is all of the info.

There is a thread on the Cadillac Forums for the STS.

Link to the service bulletin.

Cadillac STS radio with RPO YQ4
  • For navigation radio in 2009-2011 STS with RPO YQ4, go to website
  • https://tis2web.akamai.gm.com/radio/STS_GPS_MY_09_11_Fix.zip
  • Burn the LOADING.KWI to the root of a CD-R or DVD-R (CD-RW has not been tested). Other files can be on the CD, but it is not advised.
  • Make sure the vehicle is outside and the engine is running.
  • Eject the map disc by pressing DVD Map Database Eject Key (A). Insert the Software Update Disc in the DVD Map Database Slot (B).
  • The update will start automatically. You will see a progress bar on the screen. The update takes about 5 minutes.
  • The vehicle logo will be seen once the update is completed.
  • Eject the update disc and insert the map disc into the DVD Map Database Slot.
  • The software update procedure is completed.

1573434358015.png

Good Luck.
My buddy burned a disc for me 3 days ago and it worked perfectly. I did exactly as your instructions said the only extra I had to do is turn the radio on with the source button
then turn it off and wala the time was there. I will keep this disc in case I need it next spring when I hook the negative cable back up and the clock doesn't a I have not heard if this
update solves the battery disconnect problem

My buddy burned a disc for me 3 days ago and it worked perfectly. I did exactly as your instructions said the only extra I had to do is turn the radio on with the source button
then turn it off and wala the time was there. I will keep this disc in case I need it next spring when I hook the negative cable back up and the clock doesn't a I have not heard if this
update solves the battery disconnect problem
I will pay it forward to someone. Will not need it again...

Users who are viewing this thread