Apr 30, 2012
Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 1SB
I am looking for new tires for our 2005 Corvette. One shop is telling me that the Pilot Sport A/S Plus ZP 285/35ZR19 isn't available but Tire Rack is still advertising it. I could go 295s if necessary. Anyone know for sure?

Keith tire rack is a usa web site, might be able to get them in the usa or ship them here but the cost diff after getting them shipped plus money exchange plus install and balance.Well you may be better off getting them here, if the size is still available.Talk to Derek see what he can do for you, he knows the tire trade been at it for 28 years.

Kent

I won't be out in the snow with the car. We have our 4X4 for that.:) I'm looking for a tire that is going to last a while. Spending a couple of thousand dollars on tires every 2-3 years isn't my idea of fun. I don't track the car so I don't need soft, super grippy tires. We are possibly going to be going on a run across Canada in the next year or two, so I would feel a little more at ease with runflats. I'll find something and am open to recommendations. It appears that you can't get all tires in all sizes. In fact, it looks like choices are rather limited within any given tire line. What longer life tires are you guys running?
One of Derek's recommendations was the Firestone Firehawk run flat tires. He can get them in the sizes I need. Has anyone run them?

Last edited:
Hey Keith.

Try SimplyTire in North York. They were able to get me a set of the Pilot Super Sports for my '05 'vert at a very reasonable cost.

They have the Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 285/35Z19 on their website for $310.00 each and the 245/40Z18 for $270 each.

Just over a grand for a complete set of fantastic tires.

SimplyTire Inc. - Your cars destination for Wheels and Tires

Thanks Stan, I appreciate the information. It appears that you can't always get the fronts and rears in the sizes you want. Just out of curiosity, I compared the local guy's prices with CTC and Wally world and he was cheaper and are comparable to your guy.
Is there a run to Gravenhurst in the books this year? Last year was great.

Last edited:
Oh I'm sure there will be a run or 2 or more. First one will be in May. Not sure when as I'm unsure of the weather right now. But rest assured, I will be posting the cruise on the forum.

Patrick Tire. I never even thought of them and they are close by too. I'd like to find a tire dealer with a machine that can handle the runflat tires without marking the rims. I have my own manual tire mounter and balancer that would work if I were dealing with conventional tires.

Patrick Tire. I never even thought of them and they are close by too. I'd like to find a tire dealer with a machine that can handle the runflat tires without marking the rims. I have my own manual tire mounter and balancer that would work if I were dealing with conventional tires.

richard has good equipment and operates a good business. he's also helen's cousin. :D

I've watched several various videos on these machines and I would imagine that when tire shops replace existing equipment, this is what they will be getting. As careful as he is, a local garage owner said about marking up rims and, out of his pocket, paying to have repairs done to the finish. The day of the $25 tire and $10 rims are long gone, especially with performance cars and people do not want their rims all messed up from tire mounting. The internet definitely has its benefits when it comes to getting information.

As great as the touch less machines are, they are not infallible. A month ago I took my right front wheel to be repaired for damage that was done by hitting the curb and resulting in deep gouges on the lip of the rim. This was done by the previous owner. They did a beautiful weld and polish and clear coating the outside and the innards of the wheel. But when they installed a brand new Michelin on the rim their touch less machine arm moved by just a few millimeters and broke the seal of the new clear coat.it wasn't noticeable from more than a foot away. So the owner asked if I would just drive it for the season and when I store it again he would redo that rim and also polish and and clear coat the left side rim for free also. The original bill would have been $230.00 which he reduced to $159.00 after taxes. Guess those machines have to be re calibrated every once in awhile too.

No tire rub with the 305s? I understand that 295s will work. It has to be close and I had more than my share of tire rub in my younger musclecar days. I like big but not too big. I'm running stock rims if that makes any difference. What brand of tire are you using Fred? I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Last edited:
No tire rub with the 305s? I understand that 295s will work. It has to be close and I had more than my share of tire rub in my younger musclecar days. I like big but not too big. I'm running stock rims if that makes any difference. What brand of tire are you using Fred? I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

305/30
275/35
Stock rims.

No rubbing what so ever.

DC1F5C69-879A-4D59-9D97-803152115F77_zpsadkreuto.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.