Power User
Aug 20, 2014
toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2015 C7 Z51 M7
Province
ON
I installed the MGW shifter a few weeks ago and took the car for a spin today. I couldn't believe the difference from the stock shifter. The throws are short and crisp, without forcing the shifter to the next gear. It goes where you point it. A very worthwhile mod.:D

I bought one 2 years ago but have noticed any differences... yet....

OH, that is because I haven't installed it yet. haha

and not sure if I ever will get around to it ( gonna try sell my car back into the USA this spring - come on dollar.. drop more haha ) ..... but good to know it would make a difference.

Brian

I am following this thread because although I like the ease of use of the new shifter it has some shortcomings. The throws are way too long and the middle of the shift pattern is way too busy. 2-3,3-4, 4-5 or is that 4-7? I wish there was an MGW or hurst option for this car.

I am following this thread because although I like the ease of use of the new shifter it has some shortcomings. The throws are way too long and the middle of the shift pattern is way too busy. 2-3,3-4, 4-5 or is that 4-7? I wish there was an MGW or hurst option for this car.

When you say new shifter, are to talking about the stock shifter or the MGW? I ask because the MGW has shorter shifts then the stock and they are pretty much point and go. The MGW seems to catch the gears much crisper (if I can use this to describe the shifts).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.