Orford, Qc
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette HTC 2023
Province
QC
It happened last weekend.
Both keys fob were in the car.
My key is conductor 1 and my wife's key is conductor 2. We have different memory adjustments.
I stopped the car and when out without removing any key fob.
When I got back in the car and pressed the start button, the car recongnized my wife key so it start to set adjustment of conductor 2.
I then pressed the ''1'' memory button to set for conductor 1 (as I did several time before) and then it all stopped.
None of the memory button had any memory setting anymore. I needed to set everything back (seat, miror, steering) again and set both memories from scrach.
Anybody got this similar situation?
Alain

GM has the quirkiest seat memory from my experience. My wife’s Cadillac and my Corvette are both flakey sometimes. I have given up counting the times it doesn’t work right. The only thing that is consistent is the exit roll when getting out.
There is info on a thread here about some of this annoying behaviour. One thing to watch for is not having anything; specifically the seat extended to the max in the aero as this with labotimize the setting.

Another small annoying thing that has no impact on my joy once the engine starts. :Biggrin:

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I have reading this thread with some interest. I have a 2010 Avalanche and have never had this kind of issue; even after changing out the battery. Same goes for my Corvette since I bought it 4 years ago and I have changed the battery on it too. I am not sure what is different as I enjoy the convenience just as much as you guys when everything moves out of the way for exiting or into place as I start up either vehicle. Is it just a hit and miss thing with GM vehicles?

Reactions: ddgermann
I've not experienced any difficulty with this either. My 07 TBSS has had the battery out several times, sometimes for weeks, and has never lost any memory settings. My 06 Corvette hasn't had any problems either. My 10 Cadi has had the battery replaced and not lost any memory settings.

I have reading this thread with some interest. I have a 2010 Avalanche and have never had this kind of issue; even after changing out the battery. Same goes for my Corvette since I bought it 4 years ago and I have changed the battery on it too. I am not sure what is different as I enjoy the convenience just as much as you guys when everything moves out of the way for exiting or into place as I start up either vehicle. Is it just a hit and miss thing with GM vehicles?

Both my Previous H2 and H3 Hummers and an 08 Avalanche were flakey too. I’m really now starting to believe it’s me and not the systems....

It happened last weekend.
Both keys fob were in the car.
My key is conductor 1 and my wife's key is conductor 2. We have different memory adjustments.
I stopped the car and when out without removing any key fob.
When I got back in the car and pressed the start button, the car recongnized my wife key so it start to set adjustment of conductor 2.
I then pressed the ''1'' memory button to set for conductor 1 (as I did several time before) and then it all stopped.
None of the memory button had any memory setting anymore. I needed to set everything back (seat, miror, steering) again and set both memories from scrach.
Anybody got this similar situation?
Alain
Sort of crazy this topic has come up because I was thinking the other day: " I should set the memory for my seats so that I do not have to manually adjust getting in and out of the car". Sounds like it might be a waste of time - maybe? Probably should Google to get instructions eh - or not?

• Haha
Sort of crazy this topic has come up because I was thinking the other day: " I should set the memory for my seats so that I do not have to manually adjust getting in and out of the car". Sounds like it might be a waste of time - maybe? Probably should Google to get instructions eh - or not?

I actually read the OM instructions yesterday and indeed they do work.
For me the seats and wheel etc don’t always do what they are programmed to do. The door button will force cooperation though. :)

I have five GM vehicles and it seems none of them retain memory for my configuration :Rage: .
I've learned to live with it … but just over $80k did take care to my Corvette Seat … she has her own now … ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
My 2016 Z06 was into Jack Carters in Calgary about 6 times for problems with the key fob memory setting - no fault found.
Turns out it was a bad fob after all of that. Took another 2 trips back to JCs to get the new fob to behave somewhat better and its still far from perfect.
Pushing button 1 always works.

• Useful
My 2016 Z06 was into Jack Carters in Calgary about 6 times for problems with the key fob memory setting - no fault found.
Turns out it was a bad fob after all of that. Took another 2 trips back to JCs to get the new fob to behave somewhat better and its still far from perfect.
Pushing button 1 always works.

The FOB is something that I never considered. I do notice the car doesn't always display which FOB is active in the car. Sometimes yes and other times no. Now I will pay attention to how the memory recall works based on that. Good info, thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.