Hey all, not really sure where this cannon fodder should go, but I thought I would toss this in the fire, and watch er go up lol.....heres a photo and a link to the add.

Its gonna be interesting to hear everyone's opinion, I for one, dinna like er lol.

Let er fly boys!
This Japanese company is building Miata-based mini-Corvette clones

Attachments

• mitsuoka-rock-star-1-copy.png
    mitsuoka-rock-star-1-copy.png
    316.5 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: XFIRE82
It looks pretty good on the outside. Don’t know what a Miata interior looks like but I expect much different than a C2 corvette.

So add another 15k to 25 K to put in the smallblock and boom.... there she is. Same price as a new C7. Still cheaper than a mint C2 though.
Pretty much have to add the engine as the mighty 4 cyl roar would be plain embarrassing. 😂

Reactions: Bixter44
It looks pretty good on the outside. Don’t know what a Miata interior looks like but I expect much different than a C2 corvette.

So add another 15k to 25 K to put in the smallblock and boom.... there she is. Same price as a new C7. Still cheaper than a mint C2 though.
Pretty much have to add the engine as the mighty 4 cyl roar would be plain embarrassing. 😂
HOOWAH! LOL!

I think the problem I am having with it, is
1, its not a GM Corvette,that in itself, is enough for the purist in me. I would much rather have a Restomod C2 from a place in Oregon I believe. There they take a new C7 chassis and put C2 gear on top. It looks like none other. The car remains a Vette also. From what I have seen from a program on them, is they have the actual open, unused, frame numbers available to them from GM signifying its still Genuine Corvette, so when they re-incarnate the cars they have Authentic serial numbers continuing from that line. How cool is that?

2) A miata is almost 50-50 weight distributed with a passenger, and a full tank of gas, If you add a V-8 to that, Im thinkin the whole characteristics are going to change quite a bit as far as the way it handles the extra torque and horsepower. It would definitely be much heavier up front, making that back end wanting to swing out on you in a hairpin, so some serious tweaking should be done no?

3) Only 50 made

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
I think the problem I am having with it, is
1, its not a GM Corvette,that in itself, is enough for the purist in me. I would much rather have a Restomod C2 from a place in Oregon I believe. There they take a new C7 chassis and put C2 gear on top. It looks like none other. The car remains a Vette also. From what I have seen from a program on them, is they have the actual open, unused, frame numbers available to them from GM signifying its still Genuine Corvette, so when they re-incarnate the cars they have Authentic serial numbers continuing from that line. How cool is that?

2) A miata is almost 50-50 weight distributed with a passenger, and a full tank of gas, If you add a V-8 to that, Im thinkin the whole characteristics are going to change quite a bit as far as the way it handles the extra torque and horsepower. It would definitely be much heavier up front, making that back end wanting to swing out on you in a hairpin, so some serious tweaking should be done no?

3) Only 50 made

You have laid down the logic. Yup 3 excellent points. But in Japan this must be a pretty cool car if that is where they sell em all.

I saw that restomod article. Huge price tag but wow what a car... and done right as you say. The modernized interior is stunning too.

Ok back to your Miata... 😂

A miata is almost 50-50 weight distributed with a passenger, and a full tank of gas, If you add a V-8 to that, Im thinkin the whole characteristics are going to change quite a bit as far as the way it handles the extra torque and horsepower. It would definitely be much heavier up front, making that back end wanting to swing out on you in a hairpin, so some serious tweaking should be done no?

It's actually not that much different in weight. I could be wrong, but I think the difference is less than 100 pounds, which is not really a problem given the difference in power and torque. Put a fat bastard in the driver's seat, and that makes all the difference.
I've always liked the idea of putting a V8 into a Miata, but I've never liked the style of the car, and I don't like convertibles.

I came very close to buying an FD RX-7 with a 2L 3-rotor big single turbo conversion years ago. Rare as wife poop (they do that?), and it was done right with the full k-member swap. It made about 450hp as it was, and in the inevitable event that it would blow the engine, I could swap it for an LS3. I test drove it and loved it, but I passed it up knowing that I would be happier waiting to get a Corvette.

Reactions: Fast.asleep

Users who are viewing this thread