Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
Thought a lot about selling my Corvette. I saw this today at the local Chevrolet Dealership. Maybe it is time to test the market.

20170606_144036.jpg

Attachments

• 20170606_144036.jpg
    20170606_144036.jpg
    934.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20170606_144036.jpg
    20170606_144036.jpg
    934.6 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: MikeysZ06
I get asked a lot about "What is my Corvette worth?"
Or " I'm asking $?!?!? for my Corvette, and I won't take a penny less!"

I try not to disagree with someone's pricing but I do try and get some sensibility applied to the price if they are serious about selling..
I usually show them what else a buyer could get for that money.
In this case , $40K, my guess is someone could get into 2008-2009 Corvette with the more(430)horsepower.
In this case I would ask the person to picture their 2004Z06 sitting beside a 2008/9 coupe/convert in a driveway.
Both cars priced at $40k..... which car does the buyer go home with???
It also comes down to how long someone wants to own their car...?

Good luck

Graham

Graham, agree that what the value things are really worth is sometimes hard to equate.

The car is an 03, no idea how many miles/km's on it. It needs a really good detailing and I am surprised it has not already been done. It is a local car, I have seen it many times, the folks that owned stored it in a plastic garage outside.

I think it is priced considerably higher than it is actually worth. Who knows.

Looks good in the picture! $40k is a bit steep but maybe if someone was looking for that exact car, then maybe it would sell. I don't know. I would suspect that really good C5Z's would be more in the $25K range. As stated, there is a lot of very good cars in the $40K range.

Anyway, if you guys think that is priced high, you should see what people want for their first gen, 12 valve, Cummins, Dodge trucks in Saskatchewan. :D

Reactions: Dub
I bought my 2009 C6 with 31,000 k on it in 2012 for $ 32,000.00. Granted... it was not a Z and it was a private sale, but it was a pristine car. That being said, I traded it in 2015 and as wellas the 10% off retail for my C7, they also gave me my $32,000 for mine.... And it was red!....lol... Not knowing the mileage, I think 40 is too much for the 03.... I think a buyer can find a good 08 Z06 for that....

That Edmonton Z06 is priced about right.

Side note: THAT is NOT a 50th Anniversary Edition Corvette.
I see people do that all the time with the 2003 Corvettes.
All 2003 Corvettes 'celebrated' the 50th with Spl badging but only a few are Special Editions.
The 50th Anni Spl Edition cars have special paint, wheels, interior, etc..

Rant over!

Graham

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Now mine is of course black and therefore slower that the red one whichs knocks $5K off the price and I have (I think) 28K kilometres. So if the $47,999 is considered the base then mine would be worth minus $5K for black but a third of the miles of the $25K car so according to my math that would make mine worth $38K.:Biggrin:

I guess until you put it on the market one never knows.:Confused5:

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
That Edmonton Z06 is priced about right.

Side note: THAT is NOT a 50th Anniversary Edition Corvette.
I see people do that all the time with the 2003 Corvettes.
All 2003 Corvettes 'celebrated' the 50th with Spl badging but only a few are Special Editions.
The 50th Anni Spl Edition cars have special paint, wheels, interior, etc..

Rant over!

Graham
Can't tell you how many " discussions " I've had with non Corvette owners but,self declaring "fans" of them about this very statement.

Reactions: nascar03
I paid $20K for my 2004. 119000km, and in absolutely pristine condition. It came from a GM dealer as well. They went over it with a micro-fine tooth comb, and found nothing. They gave it a 6 month bumper to bumper warranty as well.

That's here in Quebec.

Seeing how this car is in Edmonton, I'm assuming that the cost of living factor is leaning on the pricing equation. All things being equal, it's over priced. Round these parts, you can easily find an excellently appointed C6 in that price range (generally in the low 30's range).

To get a ball park value, I go on Kijiji, check the prices of all the same year of that model and average them. If your car is low mileage and in mint condition add a little. If it is a Z06 or some special edition, that adds a little too. With our 2005, I see prices from low 20s to high 30s. Some are dreamers and think that the supercharger and other add ons will add that much to the price of the car. In general, add ons add very little. I see a supercharged car and the first thing that crosses my mind is how hard has it been beat on. Cars that have been written off and rebuilt are branded and can be a very hard sell and you can be stuck with no buyers. Our car is the 400 hp LS2 version. For very little more, you can move up to a 2008 with 430 hp or more. People do look around before buying and they see all these things too. I hate selling anything and would never make a very good salesman. One thing for sure, if I were looking for a car, I sure would take a good look at Murray's Z06. It is CLEAN and it does SHINE.
IMG_6674.JPG

/vancouver.craigslist.ca/nvn/cto/d/2003-chevrolet-corvette-zo6/6472030112.html

Vancouver pricing - 2003 Z06 62000kms manual $29,950.

That's a decent price but in all honesty, the title containing "50th Anniversary" means nothing other than it's a 2003. It's not a special edition 50th Anniversary car. The C5 does have an attraction to many and they are a gorgeous car, but in this instance, for an extra 6k, and if I were looking, the 2006 with only 11,000 km on it, the 427 engine and the extra 100 horsepower would be hard to turn down. Ideally though, I would buy both.... but that's not going to happen anytime soon either. :(

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.