Sebring, April 6th Wilson Niblett got 8 or 9 allocations and your order was submitted by the following Monday. It would go to 2000 status the next day and went 3000
status by the end of that week. In this case it has been 3000 status for 5 weeks and will be built in week 6 which is the week of May 22nd if that date is correct.
If you had your order number some of us would have been able to make a couple of inquiries and found out the status of your order, but you said you were asked to submit
your order 6 months ago and it sounds like WN has been trying to hide as much information from you as possible.
I dealt with WN once, the first time and the last time 25 years ago.

Never ceases to amaze me at how folks who have enjoyed their C8 for years complain about not being able to get another one while some of us have been waiting 4 years. 😑
the reason you are waiting 4 years when the wait times are 18-24 months is because of wrong dealer choice

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
it sounds like WN has been trying to hide as much information from you as possible.
I think part of the issue is dealers have no real idea what options will be available for them each cycle. They want to be ready when allocations do come in and will be surprised when they can't order what the customer wants. With Cullen I put in my config right away July 2019, but wasn't told to lock it down until December of 2019 and don't think I received an allocation until January. Of course there was virtually no constraints at that time.

You know, until I actually considered a Corvette for retirement, I truly felt as though I held some semblance of intelligence.
I honestly thought you could go out and buy one of these.
If I wanted it exactly built to suit my own taste, perhaps I may have to wait 6 or 8 months.
Well, wasn't I proven wrong?
I don't think 'naive' begins to describe my early position relative to reality.

Oh, there's lots of cars advertised at the Dealers, but they're not real cars.
"That car was pre-ordered several years ago, and we are sold out for the next 5 years."
If you do happen to find a new one somewhere that is now mysteriously available, seemingly it's worth a 33% (or more) premium, against GM's wishes.

To order one, you must join one (or more) of the mythical 'lists', which gives you a 'shot', but even then someone might be slotted in ahead of you.
Further, these 'lists' are fulfilled by an algorithm of 'allocations', the complexity of which is mind-boggling.

Of course then there are also 'constraints', which simply put means you may not get the exact car you wanted.

The final curse seems to be the constant frustration of following your dreams through the variables of the manufacturing and delivery process.

I have time (I think), and I haven't given up hope just yet.
  • My original premise was to have my chosen options on an E-Ray, in my driveway, on March 31, 2027.
  • I've allowed the 'flexibility' of the car being a Z06 (Yes, I know - most of you would prefer it anyhow).
  • I'm on the prescribed lists, deposits laid out, and I try to follow along with the latest tidbits offered in this forum.
I am, however, slowly coming to the realization that these efforts may not be enough.
Chances are good that once the E-Ray actually hits the marketplace things will change again, so I shall wait and see.
Worst case scenario is that I pay through the nose in a couple of years, but rest assured, I will get what I want.

In conclusion I pose a question to those more worldly in these matters;
With all the above nonsense taken into account, how many of the E-Ray and Z06 cars will one of the top dealers put out yearly?

Reactions: TreVette
You know, until I actually considered a Corvette for retirement, I truly felt as though I held some semblance of intelligence.
I honestly thought you could go out and buy one of these.
If I wanted it exactly built to suit my own taste, perhaps I may have to wait 6 or 8 months.
Well, wasn't I proven wrong?
I don't think 'naive' begins to describe my early position relative to reality.
  • My original premise was to have my chosen options on an E-Ray, in my driveway, on March 31, 2027.
I can only tell you this. Get on a list now!!! Worst case is you will have 2500 tied up for several years.
I was also naive of the Corvette sales. Only because I mentioned to one in the know that I was thinking of one, did he tell me of the waiting lists.
I was lucky I put in my order the day before the reveal.

I can only tell you this. Get on a list now!!! Worst case is you will have 2500 tied up for several years.
I was also naive of the Corvette sales. Only because I mentioned to one in the know that I was thinking of one, did he tell me of the waiting lists.
I was lucky I put in my order the day before the reveal.
Yes, I'm already on 2 different 'local' lists in London, plus 1 with a larger dealer in St. Catherines, for both E-Ray and Z06.

In conclusion I pose a question to those more worldly in these matters;
With all the above nonsense taken into account, how many of the E-Ray and Z06 cars will one of the top dealers put out yearly?
Indeed the $200,000 question! I could give you an educated guess which would almost certainly be wrong. And then every so often you hear about a Z06 allocation to a tiny dealer like Kenora and some lucky guy who didn’t know any better about the “Big 3” gets his car before someone waiting years. So who knows?!

• Agree
Indeed the $200,000 question! I could give you an educated guess which would almost certainly be wrong. And then every so often you hear about a Z06 allocation to a tiny dealer like Kenora and some lucky guy who didn’t know any better about the “Big 3” gets his car before someone waiting years. So who knows?!
To my surprise my local Uxbridge dealer got a Z06. They get 4 vettes a year. Go figure!

• Wow
Reactions: Red Devil
What an ass!
Mine has Arrived!

Attachments

• 2B4DECB4-3118-44A8-9A37-5D44B0F6333D.jpeg
    2B4DECB4-3118-44A8-9A37-5D44B0F6333D.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 28
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.