Feb 11, 2010
London, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2004 z06
My current car has approx 500rwhp.... and i'm looking for more...

What is the max rwhp that will still provide reliability in the engine on a day to day basis.....

I am not worried about "too much power for the street"... more worried about metal fatigue, blown engines, etc...

Looking for 800-900rwhp... and have it be reliable enough to get it and take a 10 hr road trip.

The more ridiculous it is the better.... nothing says WTF than the companies accountant shaking the office as he drives up...

A properly built vette in the 700+ RWHP can still have good street manners, and be able to do long trips, and have gobs of power.
I just happen to know such a fellow that can build such a beast for you .
Thx
[email protected]

At that point, would you go to turbos Manny?

It depends on what he buys Riley . If he was to get say a ZR1 , then here is what can be expected from a few packages I have available :

Stage 1 ZR1 - 712HP / 636 FT-LBS - $3900
-LS9 overdrive damper
-Katech ZR1 high capacity heat exchanger -Chassis dyno calibration -

Stage 2 ZR1 - 754HP / 687 FT-LBS - $4960
-LS9 overdrive damper
-Katech ZR1 high capacity heat exchanger -Lingenfelter 2.60" supercharger pulley -Katech-ported LS9 supercharger snout -Chassis dyno calibration -

Stage 3 ZR1 - 787HP / 700 FT-LBS - $9500
-LS9 overdrive damper
-Katech ZR1 high capacity heat exchanger -Lingenfelter 2.60" supercharger pulley -Lingenfelter supercharger snout -Lingenfelter GT9 camshaft -PSI valve springs -Katech titanium valve spring retainers -Trend pushrods -Katech C5-R timing chain -Chassis dyno calibration -

If it were a a C6 Z06 then a TVR 2300 would be the way to go , along with a small cam / headers / and custom tuning. Around $15Gs

Thx
[email protected]

If you are going FI then reliablity and engine life I think would be based on the boost level.
With a boost of 6-7lbs you could hammer the car all day with a stock motor, with higher
levels 15-20+ which some do to get huge numbers the engine life would be for sure effected on a stock motor.
With the bottom end changed to handle additional boost I am sure it would help extend the life under high boost applications.
All motors are different also, LS1, LS6, LSX etc but as Manny said a ZR1 with a added pulley etc would give you
some great numbers and the motor is already made to handle the the FI boost.
I would go for a TVS 2300 on a LS3 block with all the addon goodies and save a few bucks!

I'll have to give this some thought...

my problem is the car I have is giving me zero problems. I have not had one issue with it except for the lack of traction...

It actually scared the crap out of me when I broke the wheels loose at 110-120 by accident on a cold morning.

Manny..... if I throw a bigger s/c on there... a tvs unit... what do you think you can safety get me to without requiring a new block?

Maybe I can secretly drop the car off for "winter storage" and hope by spring she does not notice the difference LOL.

I'll have to give this some thought...

my problem is the car I have is giving me zero problems. I have not had one issue with it except for the lack of traction...

It actually scared the crap out of me when I broke the wheels loose at 110-120 by accident on a cold morning.

Manny..... if I throw a bigger s/c on there... a tvs unit... what do you think you can safety get me to without requiring a new block?

Maybe I can secretly drop the car off for "winter storage" and hope by spring she does not notice the difference LOL.

Mike , I think keeping your current car is a great idea . You already have a forged Lingenfelter 346, so there are no worries from the bottem end:

Here is what I would suggest:

1. TVS 2300 ( what can I say MORE POWER ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)
2. Meth kit ( keep the charges cool and allow more boost to be run safely)
3. Mini tub kit for the rear to allow some 345's ( should improve traction )
4. DTE rear brace . ( stiffen up the rear and help keep it all together)
5. Pfadt rear diff mount. ( better rear diff stabilization)
6. New wheels for the mini tub set-up ( or have your current wheels widened)
7. A set of C6 Z06 brakes all around to stop that animal.

And yes drop it for the the winter and I will look it after it .....SHHHHHH

Call me anytime Mike 416-873-1779

Thx
[email protected]

Last edited:
I'm confused.Is Beancounter considering buying a ZR1 or does he want to build on what he has?Have you reworked many ZR1s Manny?Maybe I'm sleeping but I havn't seen any on the street or at some of the high end shops I've been to.
Thanks

It depends on what he buys Riley . If he was to get say a ZR1 , then here is what can be expected from a few packages I have available :

Stage 1 ZR1 - 712HP / 636 FT-LBS - $3900
-LS9 overdrive damper
-Katech ZR1 high capacity heat exchanger -Chassis dyno calibration -

Stage 2 ZR1 - 754HP / 687 FT-LBS - $4960
-LS9 overdrive damper
-Katech ZR1 high capacity heat exchanger -Lingenfelter 2.60" supercharger pulley -Katech-ported LS9 supercharger snout -Chassis dyno calibration -

Stage 3 ZR1 - 787HP / 700 FT-LBS - $9500
-LS9 overdrive damper
-Katech ZR1 high capacity heat exchanger -Lingenfelter 2.60" supercharger pulley -Lingenfelter supercharger snout -Lingenfelter GT9 camshaft -PSI valve springs -Katech titanium valve spring retainers -Trend pushrods -Katech C5-R timing chain -Chassis dyno calibration -

If it were a a C6 Z06 then a TVR 2300 would be the way to go , along with a small cam / headers / and custom tuning. Around $15Gs

Thx
[email protected]

I'm confused.Is Beancounter considering buying a ZR1 or does he want to build on what he has?Have you reworked many ZR1s Manny?Maybe I'm sleeping but I havn't seen any on the street or at some of the high end shops I've been to.
Thanks

I haven't worked on a ZR1 nor do I know of any shop that has in Ontario . However its just a Corvette with a blower :rofl:

I don't think I , or any of the other shops would have any problem with increasing the power in the ZR1.

Thx
[email protected]
416-873-1779
Home of Canada's Performance Corvette's

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread