Jan 11, 2009
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
This is response to an other thread.

It has been brought up that there is a facility in Edmonton where Manny could come out and perform work on people's Corvettes if there is enough interest (how fricking awesome would that be!?!).

Requirements are that at least 10 cars need to be committed. I myself have all the desire to have my car as one of the ten but it just won't happen for me. So, Maybe Manny can explain what the minimum level of requirement is as I'm sure he won't come out here just to do 10 oil changes......or would he...:D

We'd have to have to set a date for the work to take place and a cut off date for at least 10 cars to be committed so if we don't make the 10, no one is stuck with parts or other investments.

Is there enough interest from the west? Put yourself down if this sounds like a plan! I hope to come out to meet some people and Manny!

That's a great opportunity, Riley. I'd love to see you guys do it.......put some dough together guys and you won't be disappointed.

A suggestion would be to go into his website and have a look around at what's available. A quick phonecall would confirm details including pricing.

Here's a little help with his website link which includes parts, packages, pricing and contact info in case you missed it.

Dasilva Motorsports

In case you're wondering I don't work for Dasilva Motorsports but Manny treats me well as he does all his customers and he deserves the referral.

Best of luck with your organizing .. you'll notice a toll free number on his website so those who don't have a phone plan can quickly and cheaply have a quick chat for info.

We're all lucky in the east with Manny and the crew being only minutes or maybe a few hours away -- so we're kinda spoiled .... You guys deserve an opportunity to sample some of Manny's expertise.

It's gonna take some work to get it together but I know you guys can do it.

Cheers,
Colin

A package deal would be the best :

LG Header's / Vararam / Tune / Installation $3000.00 C5

C6 ................................................... $3250.00
C6 Z06 ............................................ $3950.00

There it is guys :D

I already got the headers, and I'd have to see if the dyno is a part of that do-it-yourself garage I referred to in another thread. That being said, my car would have Manny with a Vararam and an install of my LGs--which were purchased through Manny anyways.

I'm sure if we work together over the fall, we can line-this up for spring--at which point I could potentially see myself with a cam as well--or new calipers, or a supercharger, or sway-bars, or custom hoses, or cat-back exhaust :rofl:.

I'd like to include wheels and rubber on my above list, but I already ordered that off Manny too. :p

With spring being so far away, Riley, would you be interested then?

So far we have nothing committed but interest with:

1. xlr8r requiring header install (Vararam too?)
2. DJer is showing interest as well
3. Velocity Yellow

I am SOOOOO interested, but with not having a garage and saving for a new house, my mod budget just got crushed. I have to watch from the sidelines for a while.:(

1. xlr8r requiring header install (Vararam too?)
2. DJer is showing interest as well (Too much needed, has to go to Ontario)
3. Velocity Yellow (Work Done?)
4. Bearly Flying (Vararam)
If you are interested in having Manny do work, quote this post and add your name to the list with what you would like done.

Jut a note, I think Manny needs more "total packages" including headers and tuning with a Vararam to come out. However, we'll see how many people are interested as this thread grows because if we get ten "total packages", I'm sure he will do some other stuff as well (right Manny?).

If you are interested in having Manny do work, quote this post and add your name to the list with what you would like done.

Just a note, I think Manny needs more "total packages" including headers and tuning with a Vararam to come out. However, we'll see how many people are interested as this thread grows because if we get ten "total packages", I'm sure he will do some other stuff as well (right Manny?).

Total packages are best , and we can certainly do more once we are there .

We do need to get 10 total packages to make this work :canada:

VelocityYellowRules Harvest update

Well, my crop is off so now I'm trying to get my parents off and then with luck help a neighbour which is where you can make some fast easy $.

Weather still great, no combine breakdowns yet so full speed ahead.

Still need to get grades on the grain to see what quality it is. For me, grading wheat is sort of like witching a well!

And I need, badly, a Z06 ride to give me a perfect day. Luckily at the latest on Thursday, if the weather is good, when I pick up my son at school.

Still awaiting my final piece for the Vararam installation, very excited about this!

But my head does spin with a nice ceramic coated header, lots of custom work who knows, go crazy and get some forced induction! A guy can dream now, can't he?

Cheers from northern Alberta,

Garry

Good morning Riley,

Well, sadly no custom combining this year but as there was a fairly long combining window most people got done without problems.

Having said that there were two combines straight cutting canola by Fairview yesterday so they must have been happy to get another crack at it. It is sleeting right now and the forecast looks like this might be the final kick at the can.

Oddly when I went out this morning my only thought was that I actually got something right by taking the Z06 to my other house to put it into storage for the winter. it was sort of a sad trip but I am pretty happy that I am not seeing a very wet and sad looking Z06 on my driveway right now.

Never thought about putting plywood down (for condensation or to keep the tires protected) but I don't turn the furnace on so I am hoping that it will be a steady drop in temperature and an autobody guy I know told me that heated garages are the worst thing ever for vehicles during the winter as the alternating above and below zero temperatures result in melting, condensation forming in areas like the bottoms of doors and oxidizing taking place. My Dakota has been there for 2 years now and it seems OK outside of a battery that needs to be replaced.

Got the results of the grain samples back and it looks encouraging, 5 #1, 1 #2 and 1 #3 and 11.5 to 14 % protein. So now just need to get rail cars arranged and get it shopped out, most of it is in bins but I have one field in one of those 200' long sausage like grain storage bags and I always like to get those hauled out first as the bins are easier to do once the deep snow hits.

Any idea if the "Manny our West" is still on or a bust. I'm still, very juvenile-like drooling about that A & A supercharger............but I don't think he can do that away from his shop...........but 175 rwhp for 7K.............as much as headers would be nice this might be a better value powerwise and maybe headers the next year??????? That ZR1 at the autocross did sound pretty nice!

Cheers,

Garry

Straight cutting canola!? Crazy!

Anyway, glad you have everything binned and ready for winter! As for the heated garage, when I went to my cousins to help work on his stock car, I kept my tools there. The above/below zero temperatures took a toll on my tool box! I think if you keep it above zero all winter, you would be fine.

As for Manny out west, we should talk to Manny and get a cut off date specified for people committing to having work done. Then we can settle on a date when to get the work done, hopefully in Spring when cars can come out of hibernation. If we have at least ten cars committed to headers, Vararam and a tune, then Manny can do other work for people such as headers alone or whatever else.

Good morning Riley,

Maybe we should invite Isaac Upshaw and Manny could give him the Jimmy Hoffa special?

But yes, I'm sure that we should start thinking about committing to this or passing it by for 2013.

I'm still waffling though. I'd love it to be Manny's A&A guinea pig but can't see taking on shipping costs to Ontario. 7K for the install etc. I can handle but another 1 to 1.5 K each way just drives it out of my range. Transport to and from Ontario woul dbe same as some LG's for example. Gotta think strategic about this sort of thing!

And I'm sure we'd have to ante up a deposit to make Manny comfortable...........

Cheers,

Garry

Good morning Riley,

Maybe we should invite Isaac Upshaw and Manny could give him the Jimmy Hoffa special?

But yes, I'm sure that we should start thinking about committing to this or passing it by for 2013.

I'm still waffling though. I'd love it to be Manny's A&A guinea pig but can't see taking on shipping costs to Ontario. 7K for the install etc. I can handle but another 1 to 1.5 K each way just drives it out of my range. Transport to and from Ontario woul dbe same as some LG's for example. Gotta think strategic about this sort of thing!

And I'm sure we'd have to ante up a deposit to make Manny comfortable...........

Cheers,

Garry

Garry , I am working on getting your car here for around $500 , than you can fly here in the spring pick it up and drive home in style :canada:

Shoot me your phone number and I will call you back , also I will take back the Vararam at full cost , if you get the Supercharger Package :D

Thx
Manny

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread