Not sure I understand your question. OnStar is optional. I just purchased a new C8 so I start out with a "free" subscription with all the bells and whistles, then after that it's up to me whether I cancel or continue. Having said that, they have my credit card number so if I don't cancel when my free trial is over, I'll automatically get billed. Your $300 reference is a mystery to me (sorry). Have you called OnStar or talked to your dealer to get details?

Here is a link to an article about the new "optional" version of OnStar:

Chevrolet Adds Mandatory OnStar

Might just be someone jumping the gun, but there are other posts around stating that GM is forcing OnStar subs on Buick and GMC models, as well as Cadillac.

My order went 2000 in mid September, and there is no OnStar sub on it so hopefully there won't be any surprises later on.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Here is a link to an article about the new "optional" version of OnStar:

Chevrolet Adds Mandatory OnStar

Might just be someone jumping the gun, but there are other posts around stating that GM is forcing OnStar subs on Buick and GMC models, as well as Cadillac.

My order went 2000 in mid September, and there is no OnStar sub on it so hopefully there won't be any surprises later on.
So far that's U.S. sales. Though likely here as well. They should have just hidden the cost in the price and say "Free OnStar" lol

I am not familiar with GM, not having one since C4, so the first week I had the C8 I pushed the button calling OnStar and cancelled. I will probably never know what benefit I am missing though I have BCAA.

So on my Window Sticker. Included in my total MSRP is a 36 month OnStar plan.
It also gives me 36 months 72Gb wireless WiFi and an XM Sirius subscription but doesn’t say for how long.
Yes I understand it was added in the base price. But this was not added when I presented my build sheet to my dealer when I got my allocation. So I’m assuming that all 2023 C8 in Canada get the same STANDARD features.
EE0795F9-7BCE-45C2-8E8F-81464A1FF688.png

Reactions: PapaSmurf
So on my Window Sticker. Included in my total MSRP is a 36 month OnStar plan.
It also gives me 36 months 72Gb wireless WiFi and an XM Sirius subscription but doesn’t say for how long.
Yes I understand it was added in the base price. But this was not added when I presented my build sheet to my dealer when I got my allocation. So I’m assuming that all 2023 C8 in Canada get the same STANDARD features. View attachment 109393
I just picked up my C8 last week and that's what I was told as well. 3 year program is standard. I believe they said you can then renew for a nominal fee annually...whatever that is!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread