I would also be interested to learn how to bring back the alloy parts under the hood back to their original luster. My '95 C4 is rather spotless otherwise, inside and out, except for the parts that are some sort of alloy in the engine bay. I have tried several products, and even a gentle rub with 00 Steel Wool, with no result. Most suggestions I have seen that really work (YouTube) require cleaning the parts off the engine, which is not an option for me.
Hopefully over the next few days, someone will come up with workable suggestions.

Reactions: dannyboy
I would also be interested to learn how to bring back the alloy parts under the hood back to their original luster. My '95 C4 is rather spotless otherwise, inside and out, except for the parts that are some sort of alloy in the engine bay. I have tried several products, and even a gentle rub with 00 Steel Wool, with no result. Most suggestions I have seen that really work (YouTube) require cleaning the parts off the engine, which is not an option for me.
Hopefully over the next few days, someone will come up with workable suggestions.

Barkeeper's Friend - great at cleaning and polishing metals and non etching so it doesn't eat away at the surface.

Used to use a product from ZEP, when I had my detail shop. Very aggressive, made sure to hose it off immediately, but it cleaned everything immediately, even made anodized finishes look new. Basically acid based, I used it on cars that were second hand going to used car lots. Really brought in extra bucks when a car looks that presentable under the hood. Afraid to use it on my Vette, especially around fiberglass.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.