Good morning CCF family..

I would say Mag Ride is a great creature and well worth the added cost..

I have both a C7 2015 and a C8 2021, and honestly I do not feel an experience Corvette owner would need front lift on a C8 anymore than one would have if available on a C7..
Take speed bumps and drive way thresholds slowly and potentially on an angle like you would with a C7 and your good.. I have had no issues with almost 15K on the car..

Being a C7 and C8 owner Everything I own has mag ride it’s a must in the performance end end of the Corvette . My new one is coming in at 125 . If you intend to put the splitter on the front then you need the front lift. Of all the options it really isn’t that expensive . But remember any delivery after September 1 , looks like you’re going to be paying the luxury tax . I don’t know if there’s a win to the situation In canada

I don’t have front lift and with 8k km have not scraped the front lip.

I don’t have mag ride but i also don’t have Z51 package, if I were to get z51 then mag ride is a must.
Hey all

ok I have the front lift and really like it I see it as a bit of an insurance policy as I engage it regularly the button is right at your finger tips and feels really cool going up and down.

i basically got the front lift because I knew I was gonna upgrade my front splitter to 1 VM in carbon flash and yes I recently put that gorgeous splitter from ACS on 😎😎

as for mag ride that’s an option I did not get I also have the Z51 package

after I placed my order I regretted it instantly .... please read on

when the car came in and I took delivery yea it was a tight ride but not terrible

I now have about 3500 kms on my c8 and yea the suspension has softened a bit and I love it the ride is actually perfect and I live in Toronto with probably the worst roads in North America

to me the ride is perfect and let’s me know constantly that I am in a car that means business in a very good way

if I want a cushy ride I’ll drive my wife’s Buick or my Escalade

and actually the Buick has a better ride than the Escalade that is double the price 😂😂😂

i don’t track the car so thats not a factor

without the mag ride with the Z51 package don’t expect a ride lke a caddy but then again it’s not a caddy it’s a corvette ...... with a mid engine. 😂😂

on My C8 I upgraded the wheels to the 21 20 set up and yea I went a bit over board with the rims ..... HRE P 107 SC fully forged and what a massive difference that made in the ride and handling I put the stock wheels on for winter storage and when I drive it a bit it’s more sluggish and less responsive with a choppier ride

of course you don’t have to go with the most expensive rims known to man like I did any fully forged rims should give the same result

if you had buckets and buckets of money then carbon fibre wheels would be kinda cool but not so practical and way too delicate

I now absolutely DO NOT regret getting the mag ride and some may disagree but with the Z51 package I don’t think it’s a must have

actually a lot of people have commented on what a nice ride my C8 has

if you want to get it thats great but don’t think you HAVE to get it

i love my C8 and wouldn’t change a thing ..... yea even without mag ride

happy vetting gents

Tony

Last edited:
Hey all

ok I have the front lift and really like it I see it as a bit of an insurance policy as I engage it regularly the button is right at your finger tips and feels really cool going up and down.

i basically got the front lift because I knew I was gonna upgrade my front splitter to 1 VM in carbon flash and yes I recently put that gorgeous splitter from ACS on 😎😎

when the car came in and I took delivery yea it was a tight ride but not terrible

I now have about 3500 kms on my c8 and yea the suspension has softened a bit and I love it the ride is actually perfect and I live in Toronto with probably the worst roads in North America

to me the ride is perfect and let’s me know constantly that I am in a car that means business in a very good way

and actually the Buick has a better ride than the Escalade that is double the price 😂😂😂

without the mag ride with the Z51 package don’t expect a ride lke a caddy but then again it’s not a caddy it’s a corvette ...... with a mid engine. 😂😂

on My C8 I upgraded the wheels to the 21 20 set up and yea I went a bit over board with the rims ..... HRE P 107 SC fully forged and what a massive difference that made in the ride and handling I put the stock wheels on for winter storage and when I drive it a bit it’s more sluggish and less responsive with a choppier ride

of course you don’t have to go with the most expensive rims known to man like I did any fully forged rims should give the same result

if you had buckets and buckets of money then carbon fibre wheels would be kinda cool but not so practical and way too delicate

I now absolutely DO NOT regret getting the mag ride and some may disagree but with the Z51 package I don’t think it’s a must have

happy vetting gents

Tony
You have me confused- you regret not getting the mag ride but then say you wouldn’t change a thing! Anyway, happy to hear you love your car!

Hey all

happy vetting gents

Tony
You are right on the $$$ Tony… the C8 w/o Mag Ride is a bumpier ride. I have had both with and without and I will always pay the little extra for the Mag Ride, especially the new version IV which is used on the CTV Blackwings as well. It is superb. It smooths out the bumps and seams that are annoying and when needed, set up for “Sport or Track” and enjoy the bumps and associated stiffness. For me, I just don’t spend hours of driving in stiff suspension mode other than when I find a wonderful road, but even that, the new C8 with Mag Ride in Tour mode manages those fun roads magnificently. I have tracked the C8 and it is wonderful in Track mode, but you can keep its harsh ride for the track only. As for the lift option, it is an easy grab that is inexpensive enough. It allows you to choose if you want to scrape/scrap your splitter or worse. Happy Motoring!

Reactions: Vettenut
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread