May 6, 2022
VetteCoins
Province
BC
Hi all on this forum,

I'm budgeting for my 2023 C8 and I hope I can get one before next summer LOL. 20ish on the dealer's waiting list fingers crossed.

Just wondering how everyone thinks about Front lift and mag ride... With the recent price increase, my build is coming up from ~107k up to 117k. 2LT HTC, Z51.
Are these features worth the money? I've heard of different perspectives on youtube but most of the people seem to be in the states.

Another perspective would be how do they hold up against depreciation? I'm noticing for C7s that 1LTs with very few options seems to hold up the best. I won't be reselling the vehicle but just want to keep the most value out of it during the years to come.

Thanks all.
-Ryan

I don’t have front lift and with 8k km have not scraped the front lip.

I don’t have mag ride but i also don’t have Z51 package, if I were to get z51 then mag ride is a must.
Similar, have 4,000+ KM and no scrape on the front, and that is with an after-market front splitter. Also do not have z51, and would say the C8 rides smoother than my C7 did. Had I gotten z51 then I would have done the mag ride.

To answer your question. “Are they worth it?”
My answer is YES.
Both can only be done at the factory. Cosmetics can be added anytime.
Whether I need it or not, I always use the front lift. After which, I set it and forget it. It’s great. As for mag ride, it’s a must whether you get Z51 or not. Wifey loves it!

Once you get thoroughly confused from all the responses, remember, it’s your car. There is no right or wrong. Configure it the you want! Right @Murray20c8 ? 😜

Hi all on this forum,

I'm budgeting for my 2023 C8 and I hope I can get one before next summer LOL. 20ish on the dealer's waiting list fingers crossed.

Just wondering how everyone thinks about Front lift and mag ride... With the recent price increase, my build is coming up from ~107k up to 117k. 2LT HTC, Z51.
Are these features worth the money? I've heard of different perspectives on youtube but most of the people seem to be in the states.

Another perspective would be how do they hold up against depreciation? I'm noticing for C7s that 1LTs with very few options seems to hold up the best. I won't be reselling the vehicle but just want to keep the most value out of it during the years to come.

Thanks all.
-Ryan

For similar money I would rather have mag and lift then Z51 unless you plan to track.

Reactions: Cruzin and MY21C8
Save your money, buy a puppy...
This, by someone in line for his second! LOL.
As @JohnP says buy it the way I want it and you won't have an issue.
Front lift: I have it and we scrape in several locations without it so it depends on your location.
Mag ride: I don't have it so I don't miss it! lol
As for depreciation? in 2 years the cars have not depreciated!

Reactions: MY21C8
I have front lift, Z51 and mag ride. I have never owned a Corvette prior to this one, and am unlikely to buy another one any time soon, so I figured I’d go whole hog and get everything. Would I recommend for or against any of them? Not really. Like Murray says, you won’t miss something you haven’t got, so get what you want and can afford. Don’t forget about budgeting for the luxury tax!

Front lift - it depends on where you live. In Montreal it’s a must in my opinion.

Mag ride - keep in mind that even without Z51, mad ride is a great option. It does tighten the ride for a more sportier feel (best way I can describe it after driving my friends c8). The base felt a bit soft for me without msg ride. I didn’t opt for Z51.

It’s a great car regardless.

I have both on my Z51 and I use my lift on my driveway, as it does rub without it. Sometimes I use it when I am leaving some locations because the ramps exiting them are really steep. It takes some of the sweat out of tricky situations.

The magnetic suspension is pretty cool and manufacturers like Ferrari & Lamborghini license it from GM, so if they see fit on putting it on their vehicles, I am sure there is some performance value to them.

MagneRide - Wikipedia

I have heard from my mechanic that having the lift makes it a more complex job to lower the front end, if you choose to do so. He mentioned draining the fluid from the lift prior to dropping it being quite a bit of extra work.

If I only had a choice for one, it would be the mag ride.

I have both on my Z51 and I use my lift on my driveway, as it does rub without it. Sometimes I use it when I am leaving some locations because the ramps exiting them are really steep. It takes some of the sweat out of tricky situations.

The magnetic suspension is pretty cool and manufacturers like Ferrari & Lamborghini license it from GM, so if they see fit on putting it on their vehicles, I am sure there is some performance value to them.

MagneRide - Wikipedia

I have heard from my mechanic that having the lift makes it a more complex job to lower the front end, if you choose to do so. He mentioned draining the fluid from the lift prior to dropping it being quite a bit of extra work.

If I only had a choice for one, it would be the mag ride.

I have mag and front lift and did the lowering spacers, no need to drain fluid but disconnecting the mag ride pins is a major PITA

Reactions: CTRL_CV
I have the Z51, MagRide and Front Lift. I don't think my C8 drags any more than my C7 did. I'm always careful at driveway ramps etc. I've had the car a year and I think I have 6 locations saved. Nice to have though. Having had many cars over the years modified or not. I leave them stock now, just less hassle. I put Vossens with modified offsets, that's it.

I drove the Sea to Sky highway Vancouver to Pemberton yesterday. Part of that highways is really really bumpy ie on my bike I must slow down and be careful what side of the road I am on. Teeth chattering bumpy. With Mag I was amazed I did not notice the bumps.

As far as Front Lift: I used mine in the first few weeks and "GPS"ed many speed bumps. Got tired of the car lifting so cancelled most of them. My guess is its not really needed unless your own driveway is uneven. I still use it at some gas stations but you are not really scraping any noticeable part anyway.

I see you are in BC so if in Vancouver, PM me and you can try my C8

Hi all on this forum,

Thanks all.
-Ryan
Yes!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread