Concours

Casual User
You're 5
Jul 8, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2021 Conver
Do no compare with C7 Corvette for the MAG RIDE ,, i want to have answer from people who tried C8 Corvette with mag ride and without it
Presently i have 2021 HTC without mag ride torch red exacly the same color of my 2019 ,and i am ordering a 2022 rapid blue ,so i change mostly for the color , i don’t race the car , my top speed is about 120 k/h. Should i order with a mag ride, Don’t talk to me about the ressle value

It may be difficult to find someone who has "good wheel time" in a C8 with and a C8 w/o mag ride. Most people have one or the other. I see on other Forums people compare it to their C7's but I don't think that's a reliable comparison since the 2 generations drive differently. I've yet to see a posting anywhere from someone who has good C8 experience with both. Having said that, there are people on both sides of this question who claim it makes a huge difference (and some of them say it depends upon the drive mode you're in at the time) whereas others think it doesn't matter. So I doubt there is a right answer and like many things, it comes down to your preference and whether you're prepared or able to spend the extra dough.

Like Murray, I don't have mag ride in my 2020 and couldn't get it at the time, since I didn't order the Z51 package (I'll never track the car). I think my ride is AOK and notice the change between (for example) Tour Mode and Sport Mode, for how the car handles the bumps. So I don't miss the mag ride either.

I'm curious to see if someone responds who's had a good amount of driving time in each...but even if that happens, I still think it's a matter of personal preference and there's no right or wrong answer.

• Agree
Reactions: ABC and Murray20c8
Do no compare with C7 Corvette for the MAG RIDE ,, i want to have answer from people who tried C8 Corvette with mag ride and without it
Presently i have 2021 HTC without mag ride torch red exacly the same color of my 2019 ,and i am ordering a 2022 rapid blue ,so i change mostly for the color , i don’t race the car , my top speed is about 120 k/h. Should i order with a mag ride, Don’t talk to me about the ressle value
Congratulations on choosing a Rapid Blue car! You’re making the right colour choice!! It sounds to me like you are going to use the car as a GT cruiser (much like me) so the answer to your question is YES, order mag ride. You will appreciate it.

Congratulations on choosing a Rapid Blue car! You’re making the right colour choice!! It sounds to me like you are going to use the car as a GT cruiser (much like me) so the answer to your question is YES, order mag ride. You will appreciate it.
I love how JohnP is always promoting that beautiful Rapid Blue, the "fastest color" right ? I am still giving Amplify Orange a fighting chance against it, and want to see those 2 colors side by side. As to the topic of Mag Ride, I don't think I can live with myself if I opted not to get it, because I will always be wondering what it's like to have it, and what it can do for the ride. Worst case scenario, it does not impress me but gives me the chance to sleep at night knowing I took it, best case scenario it puts a big smile on my face as I keep rotating that center ride control knob like crazy trying to determine the difference between all the modes (what happens if you continuously spin the dial quickly, will you get the best of all modes, inquiring minds want to know....:) )

Reactions: MY21C8
I love how JohnP is always promoting that beautiful Rapid Blue, the "fastest color" right ? I am still giving Amplify Orange a fighting chance against it, and want to see those 2 colors side by side. As to the topic of Mag Ride, I don't think I can live with myself if I opted not to get it, because I will always be wondering what it's like to have it, and what it can do for the ride. Worst case scenario, it does not impress me but gives me the chance to sleep at night knowing I took it, best case scenario it puts a big smile on my face as I keep rotating that center ride control knob like crazy trying to determine the difference between all the modes (what happens if you continuously spin the dial quickly, will you get the best of all modes, inquiring minds want to know....:) )
Quite honestly, I use Z-mode and Sport-mode the most. Tour-mode has been used on long 401 drives. And yes look at amplified orange and rapid blue side by side before you choose rapid blue! 😂 Oh and don’t forget the gorgeous blue interior!
829BB827-7B07-4DF3-98E1-B635B8E77632.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Neils and Dik
I find the mag ride takes the bumps a lot better and seems smoother on the roads than my 2019 Stingray without mag ride. But again it's two different animals between the C7 and C8. I'm glad I ordered it with all the other options I added.

Attachments

• IMG_4781 2.jpeg
    IMG_4781 2.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 27
Reactions: moepig777
I've owned a 2020 Z51 C8 coupe without mag ride and now my 21 HTC mag ride C8 and there's a difference.

As stated above the mag ride takes the bumps alot nicer than not. In track mode the car stiffens up quite a bit too.

I feel it's worth the money especially on a non-Z51 car.

Some background. I’ve had two previous Corvettes: C5 with Magnetic Ride Control (Millenium Yellow with Magnesium Wheels, she was a beauty!) and a C6 Z51. My summary with that experience with the C5 was very positive, and I liked the fact I could switch from Sport to Tour and transform the ride. I mostly kept it in Sport. And that’s why when I ordered the C6, I went with Z51 and decided to forego the Mag Ride. I kept the C5 in Sport most of the time, so that seemed to make sense. The long story short, although I loved the C6 Z51, especially on track and highways, I could feel how ‘tough’ the ride was, especially in city driving, and missed the option of adjusting the ride based on road, requirements, and mood. I have since had several Porsches with PASM (Porsche’s version of Mag Ride), so when it came time to order the C8, I wanted the best of all worlds and the most flexibility, so Z51 and Magnetic Ride were not options but requirements (I do track time and take annual drives to The Tail of The Dragon). From the various printed and online reviews, with Mag Ride, the Z51 in Tour mode is ‘near’ regular suspension ride quality (with more ride control) and in Track is more aggressive than stock Z51, giving a wider range. Obviously the ride quality and control on a stock suspension with Mag Ride would be improved, but I haven’t seen any reviews to compare what that ‘range’ is in comparison (ie Is Track mode in stock Mag Ride comparable to Sport in Z51 Mag Ride?)

Personally, I like the fact that I can drive in Tour mode with my GF (we now call this “Girlfriend Mode”), drop her off and immediately switch the car to Sport if I want to attack an on-ramp or two, or just leave it to cruise home. On track days, its nice to have it in Track mode and have the comfort of Tour for the ride home. It’s personal and it depends on how you are going to use the car. Opinions will vary, and those who have it will defend why they need it, and those who don’t will defend why they don’t. For me, it’s worth it.

Hey all, hope all are safe here. I now have 23,000 kms on my Blueray. No mag ride. Love it. Chose not to have the option simply for future maintenance costs. Just another option to potentially break. I had to weigh the front lift (which I felt I needed more). I did get to drive a 3LT Z51 when I went to Spring Mountain last September. In track mode there was no difference at all in the drive quality. So while it may certainly soften up the ride to be tamer on the street, I did not buy my vette for comfort but for speed and handling. To each their own, but I have not one regret with my spec.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.