Apr 21, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2012 Grand Sport
Province
NB
Hi everybody,
Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm looking at doing a mag ride delete in favor of bilsteins, is there anyone in Maritimes with a GM TECH 2 that could erase the mag ride from the BCU so that I can exceed 130?

I think you can buy dummy mag ride simulators and you would not require a tech11. They are not cheap how ever.
It might be easier to pay the dealer or shop to delete the mag ride.
Are you having issues with them?
I also want to have access to a tech II , so I'm going to buy a GM nano which does everything a tech II does.

hey, I've heard about the simulators but heard people have varying success with them. some say they work flawlessly some say they don't work at all and everywhere in between. With a tech II it's guaranteed to wipe them outta the BCU all together. I have 3 leaking shocks and McDonald's in Moncton wants almost $7k to replace them when I can run perfectly good Bilsteins for about $500.

hey, I've heard about the simulators but heard people have varying success with them. some say they work flawlessly some say they don't work at all and everywhere in between. With a tech II it's guaranteed to wipe them outta the BCU all together. I have 3 leaking shocks and McDonald's in Moncton wants almost $7k to replace them when I can run perfectly good Bilsteins for about $500.
How many km's on your car. The mag shocks tend to seep vapours that make the shocks appear to be leaking, but a newer tech at the dealership may not be aware of this. There is a TSB from GM to their tech's that unless the shocks are not damping properly in the modes, to just wipe off the residue and keep a check on them, I of course have no idea if this is the case, but you should have been shown the leaks. I'm sure that you are aware of that TSB. I have attached it in case you have not.
I would assume that McDonald's would charge an hour labour to do the delete, just as Brett's in Saint John would.

Good Luck in whatever you decide.

Attachments

• TSB-leaking shocks.pdf
    278.6 KB · Views: 13
Thanks.
I have 113k on the odometer. The front shock leaked so much it deteriorated the bushing on the lower control so I have to replace that as well. I had to scrape magnetic fluid off 3 of the shock tubes to get the part numbers. There is no difference between tour and sport modes now and it hits like a truck. I have started to do some research on the GM nano now and I may go that route as I vowed never to take my car to Steele (Bretts).

Thanks.
I have 113k on the odometer. The front shock leaked so much it deteriorated the bushing on the lower control so I have to replace that as well. I had to scrape magnetic fluid off 3 of the shock tubes to get the part numbers. There is no difference between tour and sport modes now and it hits like a truck. I have started to do some research on the GM nano now and I may go that route as I vowed never to take my car to Steele (Bretts)
Thanks.
I have 113k on the odometer. The front shock leaked so much it deteriorated the bushing on the lower control so I have to replace that as well. I had to scrape magnetic fluid off 3 of the shock tubes to get the part numbers. There is no difference between tour and sport modes now and it hits like a truck. I have started to do some research on the GM nano now and I may go that route as I vowed never to take my car to Steele (Bretts).
Nice to see another C6 owner that enjoys getting behind the wheel as much as I do. I have just under 190k km on mine.
We have many road trip memories in those 12 years of ownership.
I plan on putting the GM Nano on my old laptop running windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10. I only have 2gb of Ram , but I checked with a resident expert on the US forum, and he says it will run the nano without any issues. Thst will be my winter project.
I haven't been in Brett's(Steele now) since 2013 when they torqued my oil filter on without any oil on the rubber seal, and I had to beat it off with a cold chiesel the following Spring when I changed the oil myself. I have an outstanding recall for the low beam headlights, but I'll fix it myself if they ever fail due to the fuse box ground wire. No way they are goung to be given a chance to F something else up...lol

You must be in the Saint John area. I'm in Quispsmsis.
Good Luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.