Weather promises to be good so I hope we get a good turn out, it will be my last group event with the car as sometime in early November it will be put away until March (hopefully) or April (certainly). As usual Bobbies staff will be decked out in their finest seasonal attire.

As Collin said it was a really good day, last run of the summer so at the very end we paused for a moment of silence while Tony hummed Auld Lang Syne. Apparently humming was all he could manage as he had forgotten the words, needless to say there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

I was the only one brave enough (or foolish) to go topless, no regrets it was a lot of fun even though it was a little cool

2015-10-23%2011.18.23-XL.jpg

Not only was it cool but it seems as though it's time to dust the dash.

Group picture of most of us looking at Roarry's Torch Red '73....

From left to right it's Tony, Kathy, Brian, Collin, Roarry and Terry.

Hank was asleep and Wayne was still thawing out.

one-XL.jpg

More of the '73. It's in stunning shape, 383 under the hood. (No, not a Mopar)

2015-10-23%2013.12.59-XL.jpg

..and here's the rest of us.... minus Hank, I was still thawing out.

2015-10-23%2011.50.18-XL.jpg

And last but not least was Brian's chair...

2015-10-23%2013.15.19-XL.jpg

My ears were still thawing out but I think I got most of the story...

It's ultra expensive and folds down to a size that's so small that two will actually fit into a C4. It must be from Brazil as Amazon was mentioned, probably a by-product of their most recent deforestation project. Tony plans to get one and add poles on the side so he can be carried around his estate by his loyal migrant workers.

Friday worked out so well we are going to try meeting the second Friday of every month, more good news followed when Tony, our esteemed treasurer announced the dues for next year would not be raised.

All in all it was a beautiful day with cars, coffee and food, and of course the real reason for these get-to-gethers FRIENDS.

Last edited:
Wayne you never cease to amaze me. I think you summed the days events up to a tee. You really should take up creative writing. And your pictures are good also.
Now if I could only get the sound of Tony's humming out of my head.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.