Hi,
can anybody tell if there is a Luggage rack for the fatback-rear window-corvette?

The only one I have heard of was the V54 Roof Panel Carrier option from GM. I have never seen one for sale but if a guy did enough internet research or watched the swap meets or ebay long enough you might find one. And not the prettiest thing that ever came from GM either....Only other way would be to have one custom made unless someone else chimes in with more info....

2.JPG
80-v54_f9cf29833a149b810ad40697409c4fed1e0e616b.jpg

Norbert..
There was never a full size luggage rack on a fastback,78-82, Corvette.
I believe if someone ordered a T-top rack system as an option with a new car there were holes in the rear bodywork to plug in brackets. These holes had rubber inserts and you installed brackets with pins that fit the holes.
The T-tops fit onto the brackets and got strapped-down.

I wish I could find pictures to prove this!,

Graham

Reactions: ddgermann
Norbert..
There was never a full size luggage rack on a fastback,78-82, Corvette.
I believe if someone ordered a T-top rack system as an option with a new car there were holes in the rear bodywork to plug in brackets. These holes had rubber inserts and you installed brackets with pins that fit the holes.
The T-tops fit onto the brackets and got strapped-down.

I wish I could find pictures to prove this!,

Graham

Was that not the V54 roof panel rack I attached pics of above Graham?

ERIC.. i’m not sure if what you pictured is the dealer installed roof storage option.
It looked like an aftermarket suction-cup thing.?
I spent a bit of time looking for evidence one way or the other..
Then nap time showed-up!! Yada yada...
The search continues.
It’s been over 30 years since i’ve seen this in real life...memory!?!?

Graham

my 82 has the carrier option. I have never put it on but they are plastic rails that fit in the round holes seen on the body back there. I have never even taken the glass tops off yet. I can not see myself strapping the glass onto the back like that and drive down the highway, I would not trust it. The leather bags and holder is like new condition and I just have them stored away.

IM009091.JPG

Reactions: ddgermann
my 82 has the carrier option. I have never put it on but they are plastic rails that fit in the round holes seen on the body back there. I have never even taken the glass tops off yet. I can not see myself strapping the glass onto the back like that and drive down the highway, I would not trust it. The leather bags and holder is like new condition and I just have them stored away.

View attachment 19927
would you be interested in selling the pieces

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.