Nov 29, 2019
Etobicoke
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 2LT Z51
Province
ON
12697368-2.jpg

I have just ordered this Red Engine Cover as I did not upgrade with my build spec. My dealer priced it out for me at $500ish. I am trying to get ahead of any rush on demand now that the cars are going to be rolling out the door soon. I also wanted to attempt to detail the flags on the cover.

Looks good. Something I want to do too. Not sure if a new one or detail the stock unit...

I wanted to have the two covers. I plan on taking the factory grey cover and painting to match the Elkhart Lake Blue. Things are only held down with a six bolts so a quick change Appearance item.

Reactions: Jack Raccoon!
Yes but what are you going to do with two covers? I guess you could try and sell the original cover?
I am going to paint my original cover to match the car in Elkhart Lake Blue. Then yes I have two covers that can be changed out in about a 5 minute process. Somedays I will feel red, some days blue. options.

Too bad they didn't make matching cover for each colour...
The cover doesn't bother me too much easy removal to paint and no down time driving the car, but the valve covers that's a whole other issue that needs addressing not so easy might be a winter project

Reactions: ABC
Too bad they didn't make matching cover for each colour...
The cover doesn't bother me too much easy removal to paint and no down time driving the car, but the valve covers that's a whole other issue that needs addressing not so easy might be a winter project

The good news is the valve covers are already red so they will look good as is. For me at least.

The good news is the valve covers are already red so they will look good as is. For me at least.

I find Red doesn't go well with Orange, this pic has orange painted valve covers looks much better IMO, and don't get me started how bad a red interior looks in a Sebring Orange C8

1591231152465.png

Reactions: ABC

I find Red doesn't go well with Orange, this pic has orange painted valve covers looks much better IMO, and don't get me started how bad a red interior looks in a Sebring Orange C8

View attachment 40841

Good point. I see your issue. As I am blue, the red will work.

Reactions: Gilles27
View attachment 40824

I have just ordered this Red Engine Cover as I did not upgrade with my build spec. My dealer priced it out for me at $500ish. I am trying to get ahead of any rush on demand now that the cars are going to be rolling out the door soon. I also wanted to attempt to detail the flags on the cover.
I just installed mine yesterday and it looks great. It took me about 5 minutes to install. I think i am going to make a custom Wall clock for my office or garage with the old engine cover. Thoughts?

Reactions: Gilles27 and ABC
I just installed mine yesterday and it looks great. It took me about 5 minutes to install. I think i am going to make a custom Wall clock for my office or garage with the old engine cover. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 1331666B-13F2-4B82-B876-7E60FC82A4BA.jpeg
    1331666B-13F2-4B82-B876-7E60FC82A4BA.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 01ADC2F8-80F4-43ED-97C3-1D8F942292E6.jpeg
    01ADC2F8-80F4-43ED-97C3-1D8F942292E6.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: ddgermann and ABC
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.