HLN A55

High RPM Poster
Jan 27, 2009
Sherwood Park
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
Something I've been interested in researching...

Apart from the obvious difference in engine design (ohv vs ohc) what about the Ford 4.6/5.4 makes it so dependant on forced induction in order to make power??? The 5.7 as we all know make prodigious power with comparatively simple modifications and yet the Ford followers rely on supercharger pullies etc... to keep up. I've heard some generic comments on the topic but I've already cocluded the LSX is a better motor all around :D. I was hoping for something a little more descriptive if possible??

Cheers

Tony
[mob][/mob]

Total speculation, but maybe they rely on force induction so they can have relatively mild engines 98% of the time and a fire breather 2% of the time when you need it and the induction system actually starts putting air through it.

I am curious to hear the real answer as well.

I do not remember the link,but i was reading the 2011 Mustang will have an all new 5.0 making 415 natural horsepower,that's getting very impressive numbers for the size of the motor.

Parts are too expensive on the 5.4/4.6? Maybe it is to cut down costs? The high HP motors are used in only a few special models so instead of doing a whole bunch of R&D making new parts and trying to find what parts work together to make good power, you can just add some forced induction and giver beans without having to fabricate a whole bunch of new molds/castings/parts and spend time machining, blah, blah, blah. Was that one sentence? Awesome.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread