Jul 9, 2022
VetteCoins
Province
ON
LS7 Valve Issues
Question
On LS7 engine valve issue
Is this issues only on certain years or certain vin number range? Or can the valve issue be on any LS7 from 2006 to 2013?

LS7 Valve Issues
Question
On LS7 engine valve issue
Is this issues only on certain years or certain vin number range? Or can the valve issue be on any LS7 from 2006 to 2013?
Who knows. Some say 08 - 11. Some say all of them. Only way to know for sure is as the mileage goes up, pay attention to slight changes in top end noise and get them checked before they let you down. There are lots of higher mileage LS7's out there that have never had a problem and lots that have.

I was hunting for a Z06 for a year, in the end the small chance of valve drop issue turned me away but I did have a shop lined up to rebuild it if I did land one, which wouldn't be a bad idea to factor into your end price. First question id ask a seller is " have the valves been redone" if not it better be priced right. I decided on a C7.... which had lifter failure 2 hours after leaving the dealership driving back to Winnipeg from Saskatoon.. Which resulted in me putting in a brand new motor out of pocket which was a hell of a lot more money than a valve job. A bit off topic there but it scared me for life and I can still hear the motor banging in my sleep lol

Reactions: Dik