C5Howie

2 You're 10
Dec 19, 2009
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
1999 C5
Does anybody have a link to a DIY for this,preferably one where the coolant tubes have been modified and not changed! Thanks in advance Howie.:D

Does anybody have a link to a DIY for this,preferably one where the coolant tubes have been modified and not changed! Thanks in advance Howie.:D

Howie you will need the coolant tube retro kit to make this work . I will post a pick:

LS1 coolant pipe under manifold :
LS1coolantpipe.jpg

LS6 Coolant pipe under manifold :
LS6coolantpipe.jpg

The difference it that the LS6 on does not use a crossover pipe in the rear , just plugs.
LINK LS1Howto.com

Hope that helps.
Howie I can order the LS6 pipe for you if you need , I have an account at my local GM dealere and get dealer cost on the parts :D

Thx
[email protected]

Can you just block off the tubes where they start? Or perhaps just join them together? I dont need the TB to be warmed up as I dont drive in the winter anyways! Nor would most people who drive Vettes.

Can you just block off the tubes where they start? Or perhaps just join them together? I dont need the TB to be warmed up as I dont drive in the winter anyways! Nor would most people who drive Vettes.

The problem is that the underside of the LS6 intake is different . Some have cut a few fins underneath , but I don't suggest it .........do it the right way Howie

Thx
[email protected]

I thought they flow from the back to the front of the block coolant, they are there for a reason, also and not just to the TB, but could be wrong?

I thought they flow from the back to the front of the block coolant, they are there for a reason, also and not just to the TB, but could be wrong?

The kit looks like it just blocks off the rear,but side to side flow at the front not sure if that is required. Just a thought but I am sure I could make my own kit witl a little time and some braising rod! Manny I am still going to buy the kit! I may want to put it back to stock one day.