Power User
Mar 27, 2019
Bonnyville
VetteCoins
Car
70th #1259
Province
AB
I know a few of you have lowered your C7 on stock bolts. Is it an easy diy and what was the driving experience post lowering? I have watched a few Youtubes but as always sometimes these jobs look easier to do than they really are.

I know a few of you have lowered your C7 on stock bolts. Is it an easy diy and what was the driving experience post lowering? I have watched a few Youtubes but as always sometimes these jobs look easier to do than they really are.
It's a pretty straight forward procedure. The key is to unload the suspension at each corner when doing the adjustment. Have a look at this thread, there is a complete adjustment procedure detailed. No noticeable difference in the way the car drives. Just make sure that you maintain enough clearance for speed bumps. driveway entrances, etc. You might want to have the alignment checked after 500 to 1000 kl's if you can find someone competent enough to do it.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
Ross

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
It's a pretty straight forward procedure. The key is to unload the suspension at each corner when doing the adjustment. Have a look at this thread, there is a complete adjustment procedure detailed. No noticeable difference in the way the car drives. Just make sure that you maintain enough clearance for speed bumps. driveway entrances, etc. You might want to have the alignment checked after 500 to 1000 kl's if you can find someone competent enough to do it.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
Ross
Agree with everything above. I lowered mine abt 2 1/2 years ago, just 1/2" both front and rear. In hindsight, I wish I had gone at least another 1/4"..... It is a DIY project... just take your time.

Depending on how much car is lowered , a wheel alignment maybe needed from what I’m hearing.

Agree. Definitely warrants a wheel alignment after lowering the vehicle..... as lowering the Vette is a DIY task, the $$ saved by doing it yourself can be invested in the alignment.... way cheaper than needing new tires in 18mos

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.