Jan 19, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8
Province
ON
Hey guys, I'm a noob, name's Dave..... I have first position from allocation from my dealership. Cost me $500 in May of 2015! I have my confirmed order in as of Dec 23, and my production is slated for the week of March 30. I went with Blade Silver, straight black interior, yellow belts and yellow brakes. I stayed away from Z51 and the Magnetic Ride Suspension, since I don't believe my driving intent will produce the performance benefit you would get it for. I went with zero carbon fibre too, for the same reason. Carbon is supposed to shave weight for performance, and honestly if I am interested in getting on a track I'll buy a proper track-worthy C8 model that is most certainly upcoming and own both. In my opinion, this Stingray will pay hommage to the Vette's street cred. I plan on keeping my 2020 forever, I see it as much collectible as it will be enjoyable. This car is pretty important to me!

So here's my thing: basically, I really wanted the convertible but I ordered the coupe because I didn't want to lose my allocation placement, or worse still get pushed into 2021 to obtain it, in the event Canada doesn't get in within allocation provisions. I am absolutely adamant that I must have the 2020 - I believe this will be the most revered, important and iconic iteration of this machine since the '63-1/2 Split Window Fastback If I give up my place in line then what the hell did I start the line for, right? So, my dealership assured me that if and when GM confirms availability of the Vert for Canadian orders, they will then flip me out of mine as ordered and allow me to order again in order to get the Vert. Provided I would be guaranteed to still get a 2020, I would agree.

So, I'm just wondering what anybody knows about the Vert's availability. My dealership told me they were expecting an update on that at the end of this month of Jan. I have been suspicious of the actual length of the 2020 run since last June, and I think that number will be remarkably low - perhaps under 25000 total units. If they send us the Vert, even if it's late availability, it's not likely to be in abundant supply. I want the Vert cause I know it will be more rare, at least in Canada for 2020. If you have info to share, please post it!

Reactions: OttawaKev
Hey guys, I'm a noob, name's Dave..... I have first position from allocation from my dealership. Cost me $500 in May of 2015! I have my confirmed order in as of Dec 23, and my production is slated for the week of March 30. I went with Blade Silver, straight black interior, yellow belts and yellow brakes. I stayed away from Z51 and the Magnetic Ride Suspension, since I don't believe my driving intent will produce the performance benefit you would get it for. I went with zero carbon fibre too, for the same reason. Carbon is supposed to shave weight for performance, and honestly if I am interested in getting on a track I'll buy a proper track-worthy C8 model that is most certainly upcoming and own both. In my opinion, this Stingray will pay hommage to the Vette's street cred. I plan on keeping my 2020 forever, I see it as much collectible as it will be enjoyable. This car is pretty important to me!

So here's my thing: basically, I really wanted the convertible but I ordered the coupe because I didn't want to lose my allocation placement, or worse still get pushed into 2021 to obtain it, in the event Canada doesn't get in within allocation provisions. I am absolutely adamant that I must have the 2020 - I believe this will be the most revered, important and iconic iteration of this machine since the '63-1/2 Split Window Fastback If I give up my place in line then what the hell did I start the line for, right? So, my dealership assured me that if and when GM confirms availability of the Vert for Canadian orders, they will then flip me out of mine as ordered and allow me to order again in order to get the Vert. Provided I would be guaranteed to still get a 2020, I would agree.

So, I'm just wondering what anybody knows about the Vert's availability. My dealership told me they were expecting an update on that at the end of this month of Jan. I have been suspicious of the actual length of the 2020 run since last June, and I think that number will be remarkably low - perhaps under 25000 total units. If they send us the Vert, even if it's late availability, it's not likely to be in abundant supply. I want the Vert cause I know it will be more rare, at least in Canada for 2020. If you have info to share, please post it!
Welcome Dave, I'm thinking about the blade silver as well. I see ur going with yellow seat belts and brakes, interesting as yellow was my first thought for colour..

Welcome Dave. I'm in Ontario too and my dealership has me as number one for the vert, but thats all I know. If I don't get it by July or even August I will just bide my time and wait for a 2021 model. No sense getting it just in time to put it away in November. Mine is orange and loaded with pretty much all the upgrades.

Reactions: OttawaKev
Thanks for the feedback people, much appreciated.

Liz - I'm told Vert orders can be placed, but until allocations for Canadian consumption are confirmed none are being processed and will only sit in limbo until such time that allocation is made. I'm told that not one single Canadian Vert order has a TPW at this time. Combined with the prospect of an overall short production run, it's easily possible that an existing Canadian 2020 Vert order will be pushed into 2021. To me, the idea of ordering a Vert and losing the opportunity on getting the 2020 is nightmarish!

So I hope I don't sound like I'm pretending to be a big shot, but I have a family member that is a high-ranking GM USA retiree. He gave me a number to call to inquire with a contact of his. I called this contact on Dec 20. I was told unequivocally that Vert allocation for Canada is not confirmed in any quantity. I was also told a corporate update on that is expected for the 'end of January'. I'm confident of that info, but Liz thanks for your input, as I intend to inquire again tomorrow. I'll update my findings to the forum.

Damn, I want the VERT

Reactions: kerry4
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.