Feb 20, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
1980 coupe
Province
BC
Hey B.C. people anyone know of a mechanic who knows their stuff on C3 vettes on Vancouver Island. Getting harder to find an old school mechanic. I'm in Campbell River but will travel if needed.

Thanks

Last edited:
I can’t help you with a specific name but I can send you to a specific FaceBook page for an
Island Corvette group. They may be able to tag you up with a qualified tech.
They are ‘Vancouver Island Corvette Group’.

good luck
graham
Thanks for the answer Graham. Its Gary. Is the BC Corvette Group connected to the Van Isle Group. I tried to look up Van Island Group on Facebook but it seemed to take me BC Corvettes. I'll send you some pics . I got the interior out of the car and rebuilt the seats now. Carpet on in back and all the plastic trim redyed. Slow but enjoyable.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Hey B.C. people anyone know of a mechanic who knows their stuff on C3 vettes on Vancouver Island. Getting harder to find an old school mechanic. I'm in Campbell River but will travel if needed.

Thanks
I'm pretty familiar with C3 Corvettes, I have 3 of them and work on other C3's. Currently doing a frame off on a 72. What do you need help with?

I'm pretty familiar with C3 Corvettes, I have 3 of them and work on other C3's. Currently doing a frame off on a 72. What do you need help with?
Hi,
This old gal was pretty neglected by its previous owner. It runs quite rich on start up so it needs the choke ajusted. There is a vacuum line missing ( maybe more ) and not sure where it goes. The heated core needs to be replaced. I have looked at a video on youtube to change it out but would welcome any advice as I dont want to break the dash.

I'm in Victoria and help other Vette owners with their cars. I only work on the C3's. I picked up an 80 Vette a couple of years ago and have been slowly getting it ship shape in my spare time, LOL It seems that the heater cores in the cars in the 80's are susceptible to failing as I know of an 81 that currently has the same problem. All of the 80's had standard air conditioning and the heater core has to be removed from inside the vehicle. The problem with the missing vacuum line is also common as a lot of previous owners removed the smog equipment that was on the cars and inadvertently affected the timing and other systems. I would be happy to have a look at your car if you get a chance to bring it to Victoria.

I'm in Victoria and help other Vette owners with their cars. I only work on the C3's. I picked up an 80 Vette a couple of years ago and have been slowly getting it ship shape in my spare time, LOL It seems that the heater cores in the cars in the 80's are susceptible to failing as I know of an 81 that currently has the same problem. All of the 80's had standard air conditioning and the heater core has to be removed from inside the vehicle. The problem with the missing vacuum line is also common as a lot of previous owners removed the smog equipment that was on the cars and inadvertently affected the timing and other systems. I would be happy to have a look at your car if you get a chance to bring it to Victoria.
Thanks. I will keep that in mind.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.