Bill that is tough. I have about a half mile and that is bad enough. I had my car coated with a ceramic finish done by forum sponsor Toxix. He did a great job, renewed the finish and added some protection from stone chips.

What car are you thinking of getting? Best of luck.

C 6 c7 still looking for the one that jumps out at me storage in winter does it need heat or enclosed out of weather is good

A combination of strategic clear wrap and ceramic coating combined with a 20 - 30 kph speed on the 2 miles of road should be plenty sufficient to protect your car.

Storage can be either... heated or unheated. Just a few different things involved for unheated that most do based on tire protection, humidity and vermin control.

Nothing to worry about overall. 😀

D

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
C 6 c7 still looking for the one that jumps out at me storage in winter does it need heat or enclosed out of weather is good

I live on 2 km of gravel Bill. Luckily it is a fairly quiet road but I also don't drive faster that about 15 kph on it. I always get a bit of a rush when I turn off the gravel onto the asphalt. lol. Dust is my biggest complaint as I pretty much wash my car every trip out. I have Diamon Fusion windshield protection coating, Suntek clear wrap on the front bumper, hood, fenders, door sills, mirror backs, door opener indentations, Fuel cover, leading lower portion of the rear fenders. The front end protection is for debris thrown up by oncoming traffic or if someone in front of me kicks something up (also means I'm following to close). The other thing I highly recommend is front and rear splash guards and side rockers are a great improvement too (and they look good). They are chip savers for anything coming off the front wheels. Heated storage is great but not totally required. A battery tender is a necessity whether heated or not, and the tires must be considered. Michelin Cup 2 tires don't fare well in freezing temperatures and the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires fare much better but the car still shouldn't be moved in freezing temps. I'm sure you will get lots of response to this post as everyone has experience with storage. Good Luck and good searching for your Corvette. You won't be disappointed and don't let the gravel discourage you. I didn't and this C7 is my second Vette on the gravel.

Reactions: ddgermann
I live on 2 km of gravel Bill. Luckily it is a fairly quiet road but I also don't drive faster that about 15 kph on it. I always get a bit of a rush when I turn off the gravel onto the asphalt. lol. Dust is my biggest complaint as I pretty much wash my car every trip out. I have Diamon Fusion windshield protection coating, Suntek clear wrap on the front bumper, hood, fenders, door sills, mirror backs, door opener indentations, Fuel cover, leading lower portion of the rear fenders. The front end protection is for debris thrown up by oncoming traffic or if someone in front of me kicks something up (also means I'm following to close). The other thing I highly recommend is front and rear splash guards and side rockers are a great improvement too (and they look good). They are chip savers for anything coming off the front wheels. Heated storage is great but not totally required. A battery tender is a necessity whether heated or not, and the tires must be considered. Michelin Cup 2 tires don't fare well in freezing temperatures and the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires fare much better but the car still shouldn't be moved in freezing temps. I'm sure you will get lots of response to this post as everyone has experience with storage. Good Luck and good searching for your Corvette. You won't be disappointed and don't let the gravel discourage you. I didn't and this C7 is my second Vette on the gravel.
Thanks you have given me a lot of info not just general ,the car would not be moved once parked

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.