May 11, 2011
Richmond Hill
VetteCoins
Car
2002 Trans-Am
So gents, I sold my 1996 Silverado 1500 reg cab z71 short box. Was a great truck but need more room. Narrowed my search down to a Silverado SS 2003+ or Trailblazer SS AWD. Has to be 4x4 and under $20k. Any other suggestions (not brand bias) or comments on my prospects?

Oooooooh an SS Trailblazer would be awesome! I'm half on a search for a small car that I would not be embarrassed to be seen driving.... freaking fuel prices keep climbing!!!! Going to a different manufacturer, I also like the 4 door jeeps. They look like old land cruisers. I am interested to hear others suggestions.

if you need a truck consider the tundra. i bought mine new in 07, a dbl cab long box. far and away the best truck i have ever owned or even ridden in. freinds that have bought them say the same. it's never been in the shop for anything other than maintenance.

Well, they sure made it look pretty in the pictures! As the trailblazer has the LS2, what fuel do they recommend? It shows regular in the ad.

Tundra's are very nice trucks!

Even with our 2005 LS2 Corvette, the manual says that premium fuel is recommended but not required. I wouldn't buy any older vehicle that doesn't have a history of being undercoated. We have an old '87 S-10 truck that still looks decent while nearly all have gone to the bone yard. Undercoating gave it a long life and it is still running fine. I need a bumper sticker for it that reads, "My other vehicle is a Corvette" ;)

if you need a truck consider the tundra. i bought mine new in 07, a dbl cab long box. far and away the best truck i have ever owned or even ridden in. freinds that have bought them say the same. it's never been in the shop for anything other than maintenance.

I've owned one import in my life and I'll never own another lol. I hear they are good trucks too but I prefer one of the big 3.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

run don't walk, unless you don't mind 14 mpg, there are some good deals on new Chevy trucks plus you get 84 months @ 0% right now, worth checking out....

Lol I've been checking. Going to the dealer today. The good ones command too much $ and cheap ones are literally all junk. For $33k I can buy a brand new '13 Chev ext cab short box Z71 4x4 with 5.3. And like you said, 84mo 0% financing.

And by the time you get a used one fully inspected, tires, brakes, tie rod ends and ball joints... You might as well get a new one! Just my $0.05

I work for our family run truck dealership. Getting a safety is the least of my worries. There are no deals out there on this specialty stuff thats for sure. The good ones dont make it to auction. Im forced to shop retail. The search continues.

The deals on a GM pickup are great but not good enough imo. I have a feeling the truck will drop HARD in value due to this new body style coming out. I drove a '14 yesterday and its leaps and bounds ahead of the '13.

Think I might hop into another older regular cab short box 4x4 and put a tonneau on it to solve my lack of cargo problem.

My indecisiveness is driving me insane lol :swear:

Riley, I also have a 2005 Ford Ranger that i paid $5,000 for two years ago. It gets around 37mpg hgwy, from a four cylinder 2.3 L motor that has more than enough power. Also have a 2005 Honda Civic LX coupe that had under 40,000 km on it three years ago when I bought it for $10,500. It will get 50 mpg highway from it"s 1.7L four banger and 5 speed manual. It also has lots of power when needed and very roomy inside.This is the fourth Honda that we have had and the last one went 450,000 km on the original motor (Lost it due to an accident) and mostly needed minor and a few major tune up and normal wear items that are very user friendly to do yourself.

Pretty impressive mileage! My 2.5 L 4 cylinder in my truck gets 18 mpg everywhere and couldn't pull itself out of a wet paper bag if you already tore a hole in it. :rofl:

I'm interested to hear what the new full size trucks do for mileage!

Pretty impressive mileage! My 2.5 L 4 cylinder in my truck gets 18 mpg everywhere and couldn't pull itself out of a wet paper bag if you already tore a hole in it. :rofl:

I'm interested to hear what the new full size trucks do for mileage!

Drove a '14 the other day. WHAT A DIFFERENCE from the '13. Night and day. Truck has tons of jam and is so smooth. Interior is really nice as well. Hopefully they put some programs on them as winter approaches.

I just sold my Avalanche--it was a tremendous truck with a bullet-proof drivetrain.

Friend of mine has the Trail Blazer. Roomie enough, but the cargo area isnt that big.

Let us know what you get!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread