I think it will take for Corvettes not to sell well (like in Alberta in 2016) for a 0% from GM as I think Corvettes are normally excluded.
When they do offer 0% it is to sell current year models. So any chance with the 2018 model will likely not be available until about July 2018 and probably only last a month (for available cars only).
It might be best to figure out the cost of financing and try and negotiate that amount off the car. It will balance out to near the same price (and with less net HST/GST too) ...
This way would also mean that you can choose exactly the specs and color you want and not be tied to "available units only" in a year end blow out.
... maybe?
(it's the way I do it other than I hit it bang on for my 2016 Stingray last July 29th - 0% offered and I found 4 available units that we would choose from - it was just a matter of the best price after that - and it was in Alberta which helped the buyer last year. It was our time to buy that we couldn't refuse and Aug 1st the 0% opportunity was gone for the Corvette)
I also would think that a dealer or two would put together something exclusive for themselves and offer 0% but I can only imagine that it would affect one's ability to strike any deal that would be significantly less than the sticker. It is just a numbers dance at times ... and who knows really.
At this moment GMCanada.ca says to speak to a dealer for offers.
Best of Fortune to you ... and I hope you can get one! Cheers!

Just read a post in Motor Authority: Gm is offering 10% off MRSP for the month of May on ALL models - awesome deal.

Just read a post in Motor Authority: Gm is offering 10% off MRSP for the month of May on ALL models - awesome deal.

This is true but whether this applies to Canada is another question. Canada gets 0% APR on financing up to 48 mts vs 4.9% stateside so clearly we have different offers at play here.

I suspect we will see even more aggressive offers as Covette sales are overall down 12% and of course 2018s are on their way in.

I believe the 10% off MSRP is a US offer, similar to that 7K off for Z07 package a month back I believe. However, I will still check this with my dealer as it will be an amazing deal if I can get 10% off MSRP :)

I work at Finch Chevrolet and i can confirm 0 for 48, we will not be getting 18 model year 0% as the inventory on 17's will need to clear first. there is a very high chance that next month there will be 10% off msrp on vettes with a refinance option of 3.99%. I live and breath in the automotive world.

Last edited by a moderator:
The differences between here and the US is shocking in terms of deals - they get everything, we pay top price! Pretty much anything you see here to take advantage of the 0%, $1500 factory discount, plus plus, is current inventory that is so optioned up (which is good if you want that sort of thing) that you'll pay one way or another.

At the end of the day, it's an amazing deal with huge discounts or not. I'm loving my GS.

I am in the market to lease a GS. Seeing the 10% off MSRP got me excited but doing some research and a found out the 10% will only be applied to cash purchases and cannot be combined with leasing or financing. I was going to wait until next month before moving forward but I think I can now move ahead with the purchase much sooner than that. Can anyone recommend a dealership in the GTA area which gives a good discount?

I am in the market to lease a GS. Seeing the 10% off MSRP got me excited but doing some research and a found out the 10% will only be applied to cash purchases and cannot be combined with leasing or financing. I was going to wait until next month before moving forward but I think I can now move ahead with the purchase much sooner than that. Can anyone recommend a dealership in the GTA area which gives a good discount?

Firstly, welcome to CCF.

As is the general rule with any new car purchase. Find a dealership with lots of inventory as in cars on the ground, you will get the best discount (if any) on a pre-built car vs a factory order. Talk to them toward the end of the month. Be serious and prepared to put a deposit down or walk away as the case may be. Figure out the car you want out of their inventory ahead of time and do your research.

Lots of choices for dealers, Gateway, Wilson Niblett are popular. Heard good feedback for Barry Cullen. Be prepared to travel out of your immediate area to get a deal.

@amadino13

I am currently in the process of taking delivery of a factory ordered Z06. I factory ordered my 2016 Camaro 2SS convertible from the same dealer in Ontario (Dean Myers Chevrolet in North York). The dealership is good but the guy I deal with is absolutely phenomenal (Aria Hamidi).

He always ensures that I get all applicable discounts. Sometimes he even calls me to let me know of an additional discount that I maybe eligible for. They also have the consignment program where instead of giving low whole sale value for your trade-in, they actually sell the car for you at market price and take a little commission off of it.

Let me know if you want to speak to Aria and I'll PM you his number. :)

In the right Province (like the one that doesn't exist in Trudeau-land) you can hard-nose negotiate better than 10% off MSRP with
on-lot inventory. Also I started seeing 0% financing is back on Corvette Windshields at Calgary Dealerships.
Rock and Roll everyone ... next year we may be seeing the Economy swing the other way again and GONE
will be these deals !!!

I think it will take for Corvettes not to sell well (like in Alberta in 2016) for a 0% from GM as I think Corvettes are normally excluded.
When they do offer 0% it is to sell current year models. So any chance with the 2018 model will likely not be available until about July 2018 and probably only last a month (for available cars only).
It might be best to figure out the cost of financing and try and negotiate that amount off the car. It will balance out to near the same price (and with less net HST/GST too) ...
This way would also mean that you can choose exactly the specs and color you want and not be tied to "available units only" in a year end blow out.
... maybe?
(it's the way I do it other than I hit it bang on for my 2016 Stingray last July 29th - 0% offered and I found 4 available units that we would choose from - it was just a matter of the best price after that - and it was in Alberta which helped the buyer last year. It was our time to buy that we couldn't refuse and Aug 1st the 0% opportunity was gone for the Corvette)
I also would think that a dealer or two would put together something exclusive for themselves and offer 0% but I can only imagine that it would affect one's ability to strike any deal that would be significantly less than the sticker. It is just a numbers dance at times ... and who knows really.
At this moment GMCanada.ca says to speak to a dealer for offers.
Best of Fortune to you ... and I hope you can get one! Cheers!
Here in Vancouver there some great deals on the 2016 model year - trying to clear out -$5500.00 to $9000.00 off - not happy to see as I paid full price for my 2016 less $1500.00 off and a decent trade-in for my 03 C5. A lot of first time buyers apparently!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.