Apr 19, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
1989 corvette
Province
ON
Hello all Members of corvette enthusiasts. My name is Jim and
I am trying to create a new section on this forum that will help us all find a reputable , experienced mechanic to work on our older corvettes.
Most current dealers have experience on C6-7 and 8 due to training from GM /Chevrolet. I am in no way trying to insult Mechanics working at dealerships ,However most dealer mechanics spend time working on modern cars under warranties. . They have little current experience working on Older Vettes ,especially cars from the early 90s and older as we shy away from dealers after the warranty expired. So my mission here is to create a site where you post a mechanic, garage or dealer that is still very qualified and has experience working on your older generation Corvette.
Please , let’s create a site where we can readily source the professional quality help we need to keep our cars on the road.
Regardless of work needed. Engine ,electrical, suspension, Body work, exhaust will be helpful.
List your mechanic/Garage and words about what was fixed and which Province and town your in . We can then hopefully get a new section on this forum where we can easily find a place to take our car.
If we can help these mechanics stay in business and keep our cars rolling it’s a Win Win.

Hello all Members of corvette enthusiasts. My name is Jim and
I am trying to create a new section on this forum that will help us all find a reputable , experienced mechanic to work on our older corvettes.
Most current dealers have experience on C6-7 and 8 due to training from GM /Chevrolet. I am in no way trying to insult Mechanics working at dealerships ,However most dealer mechanics spend time working on modern cars under warranties. . They have little current experience working on Older Vettes ,especially cars from the early 90s and older as we shy away from dealers after the warranty expired. So my mission here is to create a site where you post a mechanic, garage or dealer that is still very qualified and has experience working on your older generation Corvette.
Please , let’s create a site where we can readily source the professional quality help we need to keep our cars on the road.
Regardless of work needed. Engine ,electrical, suspension, Body work, exhaust will be helpful.
List your mechanic/Garage and words about what was fixed and which Province and town your in . We can then hopefully get a new section on this forum where we can easily find a place to take our car.
If we can help these mechanics stay in business and keep our cars rolling it’s a Win Win.

Happy to entertain this if there's overwhelming support.

My personal R&D plate is overflowing with the amount of items on the go at the moment but if anyone (or group preferably) is willing & able to sponsor this feature I can see if I can get another dev on it. Maybe a directory of shops, some basic feedback/ratings from users, locations and websites etc. My thoughts on it.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.