Dik

Regular
May 7, 2014
St. Albert
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Z51 Convertible
So, as I had with my C6, I quickly found and purchased some lingerie for the snout and mirrors. Unfortunately I got a deep chip on the drivers mirror before I had the clothing. :Cryin: Some of the Ponoka crew may remember that I am a huge fan of this kind of cover.

its really easy to install, it balls up into a tiny sack so it can stow in the glove box and the lingerie can be clipped on at the side of the road in under two minutes if you suddenly find yourself heading out on a highway. Although the manufactures state the cover will not stop rock chips it does reduce (or even eliminate) the blast of dust that continually bombards our cars. Bug tar is not an issue at all.

.... Sorry about the quality of the pictures. If you're really interested swing by the house and see this for yourself.

Lingerie - 002.jpg
Lingerie - 003.jpg
Lingerie - 004.jpg

Lingerie - 001.jpg

Dick

Quick question Dik as I have been considering one of these. IS there any effect on engine operating temps. I see that it covers the front air inlet and looks like it could pose some restriction to air flow. I had issues with a Z28 I had in the 80's when using a bra. There was just enough of a restriction to raise my engine temps to a point that I was concerned on warmer days. Since then I have avoided any thing that interferes with the airflow on my later Camaros and now my C6.

I don't plan to keep it on all the time. I will use it for extended highway driving so I do not expect to see a temperature increase. My C6 had high temperature issues as many did, even without the lingerie. I witnessed 225 F. a couple of times...the car ran fine! Me? Not so much. The city stop and go traffic was.....stressful to say the least. When I used the lingerie highway driving there never was an issue.

I do not expect any higher temperatures with this mask. It's on a C7 that does not suffer with high temps and this mask is thinner than my previous one from years ago, used on my C6.

It's a relative low cost modification, it's easy to install and it is even easier to remove if you're uncomfortable in heavy traffic. I figured I'd give it a shot. At least it will reduce the damage to the paint and I like the look.

I hope this helps?

Last edited:
One more thing about C6 temperatures, they run "hot" and if I kept my C6 any longer I was going to replace the radiator with a larger unit. Have you considered a bigger rad?

Novistretch. Less than a minute to take on and off. Keeps lots out of the engine bay and radiator. 32000km and my radiators look like new. Great product.

20160604_212725.jpg

Fair enough.

.... How about this thought to keep the "issue" in perspective; there are many C6 running in the southern USA and on the hottest days without a problem. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread