Aug 29, 2011
Taylor, British Columbia
VetteCoins
Car
1985 5.7L Targa top
...I've been calling around to local autowreckers...Living in the frozen north makes finding parts for my 1985 corvette a challange.
the first calls i made today were to the local wreckers. i have three wreckers withing 200km. and 7 within 600 km.
zero parts leads... ouch.
realisticly i'm not even surprised that there are no c5 engines available. i've been told they are used for everyones JET BOATS. lol.
cheers and all that

Tigerdog35

How is the Vararam intake different from my stock TPI?

Higher potential air flow, lower restriction and sometimes a 'straighter' air flow resulting in some hp increase at higher rpm's. (how much hp is debatable)

Have a read up on the systems here:

Vararam Industries

On a personal note, I like my VaraRam intake, not just because it cost money but because I believe that it works. (butt dyno verified.:D)
It also is more of a ram intake than the OEM passive intake system.

I also like the look of it: It looks bad-azz.

The Vararam is just an air intake from the air cleaner to the throttle body (haven't confirmed if they have C4 vette fitment myself).... your TPI is everything AFTER the throttle body.. (intake runners, fuel injector rails etc etc)

well anything is better than the stock intake i'm thinking. i've looked at a few upgrades and generally like them. i would like to position mine in the lower front but worry about water effects. ie. puddles or rain

Talk to Manny (Nasty98) before you buy. He'll know all there is to know about what you need.
You're obviously too far away to see him but I'm sure he won't mind talking with you.

As you say, anything is better than OEM, and from my understanding VaraRam is a very good option.
Manny can advise if they make one for yours and how best to install.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread